The Walgreens Expressions Challenge is currently open for the year 2020. The contest is accepting entries from all high school students who are legal residents of the United States and are in grades 9 through 12.
The motive of the program is to appreciate the creativity of students by rewarding them with funds for their studies. The recipients will get to accomplish their dreams and goals without facing difficulties.
The Walgreens Expressions Challenge program was launched at the suggestion of the Walgreens Community Task Force. The group was alarmed by the rising incidents of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including HIV and AIDS, among high school students ages 14 to 18.
Who May Eligible?
To participate, the candidates must be following the eligibility criteria:
- All high school students who are legal residents of the United States
- Must be currently in high school, in grades 9 through 12
- Enter as an individual or with a group of up to five entrants.
- There are no minimum GPA requirements
How to Apply
Eligible students can enter the challenge electronically by submitting their entries on the same main page of the website.
- Must select from one of three categories to submit an entry. Creative Writing: Essay, Poetry, Short Story
- Visual Arts: Graphic Design, Painting, Sculpture, Photography
- Media Arts: Video, Recorded, Song/Rap, Spoken Word
- Each participant can submit one entry per category solo or with a group of up to five people.
- Young people are asked to think about what is having an impact on them to draw inspiration for their entry. Topics can include, but not limited to:
- Gender Identity, Social Media, Cyber Bullying, Self-Esteem, Dating + Relationships, Mental Health, Gun Violence, Drug Abuse
- Must upload entries via mobile, tablet or computer starting August 15, at 9 AM CT. Acceptable upload file formats are as follows:
- .MP4,.MOV, .WMV, .AVI, .JPG, .PNG, .GIF
- Video and song entries to not exceed 3 minutes.
Winners of the competition will receive the below cash prizes:
- For Students: THE CHALLENGE 1st Place: $2,000, 2nd Place: $1,250
- PEOPLE’S CHAMP: 1st Place: $300, 2nd Place: $200
- For Teachers: 1st Place: $500, 2nd Place: $500
- For Schools & Organizations: 1st Place: $500
The applications are to be submitted by March 31.