- December 7, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation is delighted to announce the Volvo Environment Prize. The foundation invites universities, research institutes, scientists and engineers as well as other individuals and organizations to submit nominations. The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 145,000 or USD 167,000).
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open to universities, research institutes, scientists and engineers
- As well as other individuals and organizations to submit nominations for the Volvo Environment Prize.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/nominate/
Or – To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit by email email@example.com
Or – If you prefer you may send the nomination by post to:
The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation
c/o Christina Leijonhufvud
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
Box 50005, SE-104 05 Stockholm, Sweden
- The span of disciplines and activities for which nominations can be made is wide and includes all disciplines which have relevance to the environment.
- The research of nominees should be based on scientific grounds but must clearly show impacts outside of the specific discipline.
- Nominations must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge of environmental science.
- Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
- Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behavior.
- The CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at environment-prize.com.
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
- A nomination remains valid for three years.
- note that self-nominations are not accepted.
- The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma,
- a glass sculpture and
- a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 145,000 or USD 167,000).
- The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded annually.
- The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
Nominations for the award in 2019 must be submitted before January 10, 2019.