Virginia Commonwealth University is a public research university that offers 217 degree and certificate programs through VCU’s 11 schools and three colleges. VCU also offers Baccalaureate, Master’s and Doctoral degrees, as well as Professional and Certificate courses.
With 78.9% Virginia Commonwealth University acceptance rate, It is a most selective university. VCU has more than 31,000 students. VCU Health System supports the university’s health care education, research, and patient care mission. The student body consists of 57% female students and 42% male students.
What GPA do you need to get into the Virginia Commonwealth University?
- The average GPA at VCU is 3.63.
- With a GPA of 3.63, VCU requires you to be above average in your high school class.
Virginia Commonwealth University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the Virginia Commonwealth University?
- The average ACT score at VCU is 25.
- This score makes VCU Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it tuition & Cost to go to the Virginia Commonwealth University?
Cost of Attendance, 2018-19 academic year
|Undergraduate resident||Undergraduate non-resident||Graduate resident||Graduate non-resident|
|Room and board –||$11,506||$11,506||$11,506||$11,506|
|on and off campus|
|Books and supplies||$1,493||$1,493||$1,197||$1,197|
|Personal and miscellaneous||$1,338||$1,338||$5,033||$5,033|
What majors is the Virginia Commonwealth University known for?
- The most popular majors at Virginia Commonwealth University include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Visual and Performing Arts, Psychology, Biological, and Biomedical Sciences,
- It’s also popular majors are Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and Related Protective Services.
- The university also offers a wide range of study options with 225 certificates, undergraduate, graduate, professional and doctoral degrees in the arts, sciences, and humanities.
Is Virginia Commonwealth University a public or Private school?
- Virginia Commonwealth University’s mission is to advance knowledge and student success.
- VCU has more than 500 registered student organizations in which students can be involved.
- The VCU Libraries is one of the largest research libraries in Virginia.
- Sustainable university-community partnerships that enhance the educational, economic and cultural vitality of the communities VCU serves in Virginia and around the world.
- Virginia Commonwealth University hosts 36 international fraternities and sororities across four governing councils with over 1,700 students.
- VCU’s police force consists of 99 sworn police officers and more than 200 security personnel.
What SAT score is required for the Virginia Commonwealth University?
- The average SAT score composite at VCU is an 1184.