In recognization of high achieving students, Villanova University is presenting several amazing Merit-Based Scholarships for the academic year of 2020-2021. These scholarships will be awarded to students based on their academic achievements, proven leadership, and participation in extracurricular activities both in their schools and their communities. Villanova University targets to attract a richly diverse and talented population of undergraduate students to its campus through these programs. The university has nine exciting merit-based scholarships for bright students. The eligibility criteria and award amount vary from one scholarship to another.
These merit scholarships promote excellence in education and support the undergraduate level studies of students who have made accomplishments in their previous study. These funding opportunities will open the doors many opportunities for students by making higher education affordable for them. On the other hand, these will encourage them to give their best and maintain a good academic record. Having a scholarship on the resume will help students get a good job right after completing education as winning a scholarship, especially merit-based demonstrates that student is talented and holds the potential to work on leadership roles.
Opened by order of Saint Augustine in 1842, Villanova University is Roman Catholic institution for higher education. It is a diverse and leading community providing comprehensive education and producing scholars who can serve our society. Through its six colleges, it offers a wide variety of undergraduate, graduate degree, and professional programs designed to help students acquire the right knowledge and skills. The university is regarded as the oldest and largest Catholic university in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is home to 10,000 undergraduate, graduate and law students.
Get quick information about the scholarship through the given table:
|Number of Awards||9|
Who May Be Eligible?
The eligibility requirements vary from one scholarship to another. However, here are some basic requirements that must be met:
- Candidates should be applying for an undergraduate course at Villanova University;
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents;
- Scholarships will be offered based on students’ academic achievements, proven leadership, and participation in extracurricular activities both in their schools and their communities.
How to Apply
The application process for scholarships is easy and fast. To apply, you must first submit a complete application for admission as a first-year student at Villanova University. After successfully being admitted into an eligible course, you will be eligible to send your application to a scholarship of your liking.
These are the merit-based scholarships administered by Villanova University:
- The Presidential Scholarship – Full tuition, room, board (up to 21 meals per week plan), general fee, and the cost of textbooks for eight consecutive semesters.
- The St. Martin De Porres Scholarship – Full cost of tuition and general fees
- San Martin De Porres Scholarship – Full cost of tuition and general fees
- The Anthony Randazzo Endowed Presidential Scholarship – Full tuition, room, board, general fee, and the cost of textbooks
- The Goizueta Foundation Scholars Fund – Educational fund
- The Hovnanian Scholarship – Tuition, room and board.
- Villanova National Merit Scholarship – $500 to $2,000
- Army ROTC Awards – $5,000 (Five scholarships)
- Navy ROTC Awards – Room or board expenses
The application deadline varies from one scholarship to another. All the candidates are required to send their application by the deadline of their chosen program. Early applications will be given preference.