Presented by Study Melbourne, The Victorian International Education Awards are an initiative of the Victorian Government. These Awards support the international education sector and raise awareness of the benefits international students bring to the broader Victorian community.
Applications are open for VIEAs 2018 to study at a Victorian education institution. The award is open to students who are currently enrolled as an international student in a course being offered by a Victorian education institution.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Entry is voluntary and open to students that are:
- Not an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia (except in the case of Applications for the Internationalisation Award); and
- Currently enrolled as an international student in a course being offered by a Victorian education institution (except in the case of Applicants for the International Alumnus of the Year Award or Internationalisation Award).
- Applicants must provide proof of their study visa, except in the case of:
- Applicants for the International Alumnus of the Year Award who must provide evidence of study completed in Victoria; and
- Applicants for the Internationalisation Award who must provide evidence of study being completed in Victoria, to the satisfaction of the Department.
- Agree to act as an advocate for the awards, Study Melbourne and Victorian International Education, supporting Study Melbourne marketing activities as required.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must create an account and submit your application through the given link: https://viea.awardsplatform.com/
Submit your application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is the Applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the Applicant has selected the correct Category and submitted a fully completed Application form together with a submission addressing each of the Criteria for the selected Category, before the Closing Date.
- All Applications (except in the case of Applicants for the International Alumnus of the Year Award) must be written by the student to which the Application relates and must provide evidence of enrolment as an international student from the relevant Victorian education provider.
- There is no fee charged by the Department for accepting an Application, however, the Applicant is responsible for its own costs in relation to preparing and submitting the Application and if selected as a Finalist, attending the Ceremony.
- The 2018 VIEAs will include the two main categories of Student Awards and Provider Awards and the relevant Premier’s Awards.The Student awards will feature the following seven awards:
- International Student of the Year – English Language Training
- International Student of the Year – VET
- International Student of the Year – Higher Education
- International Student of the Year – Research
- International Student of the Year – Regional
- International Alumnus of the Year
- Victorian Student of the Year – Internationalisation
The Provider Awards will feature the following awards:
- Excellence in International Education – TAFE
- Excellence in International Education – University
- Excellence in International Education – English Language
- Excellence in International Education – Private Education and Training
- Excellence in International Student Experience
- Excellence in International Student Employability and Career Development
- Excellence in Innovation in Partnership and International Engagement
- In addition, the Premier’s Awards will recognize an overall International Student of the Year and International Education/Service Provider. Nominees for other awards automatically become nominees for the Premier’s awards so these awards require no additional nomination.
- If you encounter problems submitting your application electronically, email: studymelbourneawards-at-ecodev.vic.gov.au.
There are seven (7) categories of VIEAs 2018 for education/service providers (Categories).
- International Student Award winners, with the exception of the International Alumnus of the Year, are awarded up to $10,000 to contribute to their study at an educational institution in Victoria.
- The recipient of the ‘Premier’s Award – International Student of the Year’ receives an additional $10,000 towards their studies.
- Recipients of the Student Awards will also be recognized as advocates for the Victorian Government’s Study Melbourne initiative and help promote the State as a leading international student destination.
Applications will close at midnight on Sunday 17 June 2018.