The Victoria University of Wellington is introducing its Tongarewa Scholarship for the year 2020. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or joining a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
They award a range of these awards to international students each year to make their studies out of the country easy and valuable. This program is started to partial fee-based Scholarship that will be put towards your tuition fees for one year of study.
The Victoria University of Wellington is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence. The programs from the University have a fantastic global scope and are valued at every part of the world.
Who May Be Eligible?
Before applying, go through eligibility requirements for the Tongarewa scholarship.
- Applicants must be international students who are paying full international fees.
- Applicants must be entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
- Students must not be completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school.
- Applicants are not eligible if they have completed a prerequisite degree at Victoria University of Wellington (i.e., the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme)
- Applicants are not eligible if they have a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our overseas partner universities.
- Applicants are not eligible if they are in second or subsequent year of study at Victoria University of Wellington.
How to Apply
The candidate eligible for the program should submit their complete details asked in the online application form to apply for the Tongarewa Scholarship. All the supporting documents should be provided with care to get considered.
- A personal statement of up to 500 words essay why you wish to study at Victoria University of Wellington
- You’re academic goals and why you merit the Scholarship.
- You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community.
- Full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type is required.
- An offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington (conditional or unconditional)
The Scholarship is a partial fee scholarship. 9 Postgraduate students can win an award of NZ$ 5,000.Ten winners will win scholarships of NZ$10,000 will be available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. The Scholarship will be paid towards tuition fees once you are fully enrolled at the University.
The last date to apply for the grant is 1 September 2020.