- November 5, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: International Students, Scholarships
On behalf of the University, the Cambridge Trust is pleased to offer the Vice-Chancellor’s Awards and the Cambridge International Scholarships for those undertaking Ph.D. studies. The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards are open for UK and EU students and the Cambridge International Scholarships are open for international students.
The aim of the Vice-Chancellor’s Awards and Cambridge International Scholarships is to ensure that the 250 highest ranked students, irrespective of nationality, receive full financial support to undertake research leading to a Ph.D.
Who May Eligible:
In order to be eligible, the student must meet the following criteria:
- All students, irrespective of nationality, are eligible to be considered for funding by the Trust.
- Applicants must be intending to start a course at the level of research postgraduate (such as Ph.D.).
- The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards are open for UK and EU students, and
- The Cambridge International Scholarships are open for international students.
How to Apply for the Scholarships:
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application at https://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/application-deadlines
The scholarships are awarded early in the academic year. Approximately 85% of the scholarships awarded each year are to students taking Masters or Ph.D. degrees.
- The 250 highest ranked students, irrespective of nationality, receive full financial support to undertake research leading to a Ph.D.
- The Scholarships pay the University Composition Fee and a maintenance allowance sufficient for a single person.
- In order to maximize the number of Scholarships awarded, the Trust will, when appropriate, promote winners of Vice-Chancellor’s Awards and Cambridge International Scholarships to other full-cost awards with UK Research Councils, or partner organizations, or Departments or Colleges, who are willing to provide either the full amount or part of the cost of the scholarship. Where part of the cost of a scholarship is offered, the Trust will meet the balance.
All deadlines for the submission of the application are 12:00 pm (midday) UK time on the date stated.
- Applicants who wish to start their PhDs in 2019-20 must apply by either the 5 December 2018 or 3 January 2019, whichever deadline is appropriate for your course.