Skip to content
Home » All USA Scholarships » Veterinary Student Summer Fellowships

Veterinary Student Summer Fellowships

Introduction and Background

Are you a veterinary student eager to dive into the world of laboratory animal medicine? Look no further than the Veterinary Student Summer Fellowships Program! This 12-week funded fellowship provides an incredible opportunity for students from AVMA-accredited veterinary school programs to explore cutting-edge science that impacts both human and animal health.

Table of Briefs:

Eligibility CriteriaProgram Details
Veterinary students from any year12-week funded fellowship
AVMA-accredited veterinary school programFocus on clinical medicine, surgery, pathology, and more
No previous research experience requiredMentored research project comprising 30% of the program
Must be available for the full 12-week durationExposure to various aspects of laboratory animal medicine

Eligibility Criteria

This opportunity is open to veterinary students in any year of an AVMA-accredited veterinary school program. While a mentored research project is part of the fellowship, no previous research experience is required. However, applicants must be available for the full 12-week program, adhering to the Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM schedule, with occasional weekend commitments and weeknight study sessions.


The Veterinary Student Summer Fellowships Program delves into clinical medicine, surgery, pathology, animal colony management, regulations, and animal program administration. Approximately 70% of a student’s effort is dedicated to hands-on experience, shadowing professionals in the field. The remaining 30% involves a mentored research project, allowing students to explore personal interests or ongoing clinical research within the Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine (ULAM).

Application Process

To be considered for the 2024 program, applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 1, 2024. Interested candidates should download and complete the Veterinary Student Summer Fellowship Application, along with a Letter of Intent and a current resume or CV. An optional letter of recommendation can also be submitted. All materials should be sent to ULAM at The decision date for the 2024 Program is March 22, 2024.

Important Dates

  • Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
  • Decision Date: March 22, 2024


Unlock the doors to a transformative summer by applying for the Veterinary Student Summer Fellowships Program. Immerse yourself in the world of laboratory animal medicine and pave the way for a successful veterinary career. Don’t miss this chance to expand your knowledge and contribute to cutting-edge research!

Apply Now


Jyoti is an expert in guiding students with respect to their career choices. She conducts sessions, workshops and seminars at schools and colleges for the same. It is her passion to help youngsters make an informed decision, with respect to their career choices. She has a proven track record for guiding students to get placed in leading companies.View Author posts

Share this post on social

About us

We are a scholarship and financial aid blog that offers expert advise for wealth management.


The content on this website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional financial advice. We are not a financial institution and does not provide any financial products or services. We strive to provide up-to-date information but make no warranties regarding the accuracy of our information.