Venture Well has launched the E-Team Grant Program to support student ventures as they embark down the path they’re likely to take as an innovator and entrepreneur. This program intends to help students advance their inventions through a powerful combination of funding, training, mentorship, and networking with peers and industry experts as they commence working on their projects for the academic year 2022-2023.
The students can participate in two teams and apply for stage 1 grant or stage 2 grant to secure funding up to $5,000 or $20,000 or $25,000 altogether. This grant is limitedly offered to US-based applicants who have from VentureWell member institutions. Students who wish to apply for a stage 2 grant must have completed stage 1 training to qualify. The grant award included a cash prize and training workshop, exposure, and recognition.
Founded with support from the Lemelson Foundation, VentureWell, formerly known as the National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance, is a private 501 organization that funds and trains faculty and student innovators to create successful, socially beneficial businesses. The organization is on a mission to cultivate a pipeline of inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs driven to solve the world’s biggest challenges. VentureWall has trained more than 3,000 early-stage innovation teams and helped launch over 850 ventures that have raised close to $1 billion in public and private investments over the past 25 years.
|Education Level||Degree Level|
|Amount||Up to $25,000|
|Number of Awards||NA|
|Contest Deadline||4th May 2022|
|Requirements||Form and Documents|
Who is Eligible?
Students that want to apply for the Stage 1 grant must meet the following criteria:
- The applicants must be US-based.
- The applicants must be from a VentureWell member institution.
- The applicants must be a team of two or more.
Students that want to apply for the Stage 2 grant must meet the following criteria:
- The applicants must have successfully completed the Pioneer workshop associated with their Stage 1 grant.
- The applicants must demonstrate a continuing commitment to moving your technology towards commercialization.
- The applicants must have at least two students on their team for the duration of the grant OR their academic institution agrees to continue administering the grant funds on their behalf.
- The applicants must have university support in the form of a Principal Investigator and an Administrative Contact
How to Apply?
To apply for a Stage 1 or Stage 2 grant, students must log in to the VentureWell Communities Portal.
Students must prepare the following documents for Stage 1 grant applications:
- Title page. Use the following naming convention for this PDF: “TeamName_University_ETeamapplication”.
- Five-page proposal narrative.
- Letter(s) of support. A minimum of one is required, maximum of three are permitted.
- Key team member resumes.
Students must prepare the following documents for Stage 2 grant applications:
- Revised narrative (no more than five pages)
- Proposed budget (Table included in application)
- Letters of support (a minimum of one is required, a maximum of three may be included)
- Team member resumes (up to four resumes, three-page limit per resume)
The selected students will be provided up to $5,000 in Stage 1 grant and up to $20,000 in Stage 2, i.e. up to $25,000 funding to launch their venture. In addition to this, the selected team will be given the opportunity to attend a fully-funded training workshop and explore possible pathways for their venture and gain national exposure and recognition.
Candidates interested to secure funding for their venture must participate in teams of two and submit their applications on the organization’s portal by 4th May 2022.