Vanderbilt University is wholly governed by an independent, self-perpetuating Board of Trust. It is in the process of converting its residence halls into an academic residential college system. Vanderbilt University acceptance rate is 10.9% that making it one of the most selective universities in the country.
The university has a comprehensive graduate program. It offers doctoral programs in science, engineering, mathematics, humanities, social science, and religion, along with professional degrees in medicine, business, law, nursing, and education. The university launched an Academic Strategic Plan designed to shape the future of higher education.
Vanderbilt enrolls approximately 12,600 students from all 50 U.S. states and over 100 foreign countries in four undergraduate and six graduate and professional schools. It has more than 139,000 alumni, with 40 alumni clubs established worldwide.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Vanderbilt?
- The average GPA at Vanderbilt is 3.8.
- This makes Vanderbilt Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.8, Vanderbilt requires you to be near the top of your class, and well above average.
Is Vanderbilt An Ivy League School?
- Vanderbilt University is a private university located a little over a mile from downtown Nashville, Tennessee.
- Vanderbilt had an enrollment of 6,885 undergraduate and 5,707 graduate and professional students, for a total of 12,592 students.
Vanderbilt Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What Is a Good ACT Score At Vanderbilt?
- The average ACT score composite at Vanderbilt is a 34.
Is Vanderbilt a Prestigious School?
- Vanderbilt University is a private institution that was founded in 1873.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 6,871, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 333 acres.
What Is Vanderbilt Best Known For?
- The oldest part of the Vanderbilt campus is known for its abundance of trees and green space, which stand in contrast to the surrounding cityscape of urban Nashville.
- The pursuit of excellence in education by offering experiences that merge the advantages of a liberal arts college with those of a world-class research university.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To the Vanderbilt?
The estimated costs for full-time undergraduate students attending Vanderbilt University for the academic year 2018-2019 are as follows:
|Books and Supplies||$1,294|
|Student Activities and Recreation Fees||$1,216|
What Majors are Vanderbilt Known for?
- The most popular majors at Vanderbilt University include Economics, Multi-/Interdisciplinary Studies, Social Sciences, Mathematics, and Political Science and Government, General.
- Vanderbilt University is committed to supporting graduate student education.
How Much Is Tuition at Vanderbilt?
- Tuition for the 2018-2019 school years is $1,828 per credit hour.
- The cost of the 48-credit M.Ed. the program is $87,744, not including fees and immersions.
- The cost of the 54-credit Ed.D. program is $98,712 not including fees and immersions.
Is Vanderbilt a Public Or Private School?
- Vanderbilt University is a private research university in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Vanderbilt is one of the most selective universities in the United States.
- Vanderbilt is committed to supporting and retaining outstanding faculty who have recently received tenure.
What Is SAT Score Required For the Vanderbilt?
- The average SAT score composite at Vanderbilt is 1530 on the 1600 SAT scale.