Applications are open to for the Academic Scholarship Program organized by the Vail Board of Realtors Foundation. The students enrolling in or returning to a college, university or accredited academic institution are eligible.
The awards are created to support and motivate scholars in their educational career path. The recipient will be able to accomplish their dreams and goals without any financial hurdles hitting across their journey.
The Vail Board of Realtors is a non-profit organization dedicated to the successful practice of the real estate profession. It provides continuing education, technology, networking opportunities and business resources to its Members.
Who May Eligible?
To eligible, the applicants are asked to review the eligibility criteria:
- Must be an Eagle County resident, reside in Eagle County for at least two years
- Must be enrolling in or returning to a college, university or accredited academic institution of higher learning in the fall of the current year as a full-time student.
- If an incoming first-year student, the student must have graduated high school with at least a cumulative 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale for all four years.
- A returning college student must have earned a 3.0 GPA or higher during the previous school year.
How to Apply
The students must submit their complete applications by mail at 0275 Main Street, Unit G004, Edwards CO 81632 or by electronic submission to email@example.com with a subject line VBRF Scholarship Application.
- Proof of Eagle County Residency
- Must submit a copy of the dated letter of acceptance from the college, university or accredited academic institution you will be attending OR proof of your commitment to return to school
- Must provide a copy of your complete 4-year high school transcript OR, if a returning student, communication from the college, university or accredited academic institution mentioning your GPA from the preceding school year.
- Must share your thoughts in 500 words or less on one of the following:
- Tell us what role Social Media plays in your life.
- Describe what you envision your life to be after college.
- Share a time you faced a challenge, setback or failure, how it affected you and what you learned.
- Recall the impact someone had on you that was so inspiring it caused you to want to be that kind of person. Tell us about the experience and how you would inspire others to be their best and not give up on their dreams.
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from your academic advisor, guidance counsellor, teacher
- Tell about your experience with philanthropy and volunteering and share how it made an impact on your life
The Vail Board of Realtors Foundation will be distributing Scholarships in amounts up to $2,000.00 each. The recipients will get help to cover various educational expenses.
The application deadline for submissions is June 19th.