Applicants who have taught handball through their community handball program have an opportunity to apply for the Mardak Scholarships. The program is being organized by the United States Handball Association.
The awards are available for every student teaching handball, not just handball players. In order to be eligible, applicants also need to be USHA Certified Level I instructors and engaged in Kinesiology Majors.
The United States Handball Association is the national governing body for American handball in the United States, a game played mostly in that country. It is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit corporation which works to promote the game.
Who May Eligible?
The candidates must meet up the eligibility criteria to qualify the program:
- Must be full-time college applicants who have taught handball through their community handball program anytime during 2020.
- Must be any students teaching handball, not just handball players.
- As an example, Kinesiology Majors (who will teach Physical Education) and are involved in teaching at one school.
- Applicants must be USHA Certified Level I instructors.
How to Apply
The eligible applicants are asked to submit their applications via email to handball-at-ushandball.org with “Mardak Scholarship” as the Subject Line.
- Must send an essay outlining current academic status and course work, handball experience or teaching handball experience.
- Must include unofficial transcripts and how the money would help further the applicant’s education.
The USHA will be rewarding six $2,000 scholarships this year to the deserving and talented scholars.
The application deadline to provide your supplemental documentation is Sept 15.