Are you interested in working and knowing about the forest ecosystem? Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Science are offering students pursuing a bachelor’s degree related to Wildlife and fisheries science with a fantastic internship. The USFS Forest Ecosystem California Fellowship is for students who want to grab a valuable experience in their field. Candidates having skills and experience with wildlife field sampling are preferred, including camera surveys, vegetation sampling, and bird points.
This internship offers students the advantage to research in forest ecosystem monitoring and data collection. This fellowship will surely prove to give great value to students’ resumes and will create a pathway towards success in the same field. It encourages the interests of the students in the environment and Wildlife and shapes their interest correctly to have a positive outcome on society as well as students’ careers.
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences provides first-hand learning opportunities and experiences for every student. College prepares students to go beyond College Station to reach every Texan. The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences students are finding solutions for urgent global and local challenges in Agriculture, Health, Education, Public Policy, Economics, and the Environment.
Who May Be Eligible?
To be eligible for the USFS Forest Ecosystem California Fellowship, applicants must qualify the following:
- Individuals must be United State Citizen or permanent residents.
- The applicant must be currently studying a bachelor’s degree in one of the relevant fields for the internship.
- The student should have good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- The applicant must have experience with wildlife field samples. This includes camera surveys, bird point counts, and vegetation sampling.
How to Apply
Applicants should download the new ORISE GO mobile app through Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Interested applicants should apply for the USFS Forest Ecosystem California Fellowship through the app by providing all the necessary documents and the details along with the necessary supporting documents to prove your eligibility for the fellowship. Late applications are not going to be considered by the firm.
Following documents should be submitted with the application:
- The unofficial transcript should be attached to the application. Applicants can also provide a copy of the student’s academic record. This transcript or the copy of the academic record should be printed by the applicant or by the academic advisors from the internal institution system. The transcripts should be uploaded in PDF file, and the file should not exceed the word limit of 10 MB.
- An updated current resume or CV should be attached with the application.
- Two educational or professional recommendation letters should be attached to the application. The letters should be from the person who knows about the academic performance of the students.
The benefits of the fellowship will be decided based on the qualification and experience of the applicant. The fellow will receive a competitive monthly stipend till. The value and the experience this fellowship will provide to the career of the students is unmatchable to any other benefits. Candidates will get extreme career support through this program.
Application deadline for the USFS Forest Ecosystem California Fellowship is on December 10, 2020, before 3 PM Eastern Time Zone (ETZ).