UNM Los Alamos University is now awarding an exciting Start Here Scholarship to attract the most talented students from across the United States. To qualify for this opportunity, candidates should be incoming first-time students taking part in an associate degree or certificate programme at this institution.
Start Here Scholarship is exclusively open for the academic year 2020-21. The purpose of this scheme is to find academically gifted and enthusiastic students for the university’s highly ranked courses. By removing financial barriers, it will make quality higher education easier to achieve for students.
Opened in 1980, UNM Los Alamos University is a highly reputed institution for higher learning and based on a very beautiful location in Los Alamos, New Mexico. This university is especially recognized for its small classes and well-qualified staff. It offers associate degrees and certificates in 23 fields of study. Apart from this, students can also pick from a variety of online courses available here.
Who May Be Eligible?
All the aspirants are recommended to check the following eligibility criteria out:
- Candidates must be students newly admitted into an associate degree or certificate programme for fall 2020 semester;
- Applicants who are returning adult learners can also participate in this scholarship;
- Entrants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA or Completion of NM HiSET/GED;
- Students must be enrolled full-time.
How to Apply
All interested applicants will need to apply for an approved degree or certificate programme at UNM Los Alamos University first. Once they have been selected for any eligible course by the university, they can apply for the scholarship by completing an online application form. The completed form and all required supporting material must be returned to:
Financial Aid Office 4000 University Drive Los Alamos, NM 87544
Financial Aid Office:
Candidates can provide the following supporting documents together with their application form:
- High School/GED transcript
- College transcript (except for beginning freshmen)
- A short statement (200-300 words) addressed to the Scholarship Committee, detailing why you should be selected, what your goals are, and how your education and this scholarship will help you reach those goals.
This scholarship is valued at $500 and will be applied towards 2020-2021 educational expenses including tuition and fees, books, course materials, or technology. Half of the award will be provided in the fall and half in spring.
There is no application deadline. Applicants can apply at any time.