The program is the largest, most flexible, and most diverse fellowship offered by West Virginia University in the United States.
West Virginia University is a public land-grant, space-grant, research-intensive university in the United States. WVU has a family of distinctive campuses, united by a single mission to provide a quality and affordable education.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible
- Participants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Candidates must be incoming (Fall 2020) graduate students; students admitted in the spring 2020 and summer 2020 terms are also eligible.
- Students must complete an application for on-campus, fall 2020 admission to a WVU PhD award program or to a terminal graduate degree program in the College of Creative Arts at the time the fellowship nomination is submitted.
- Aspirants must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 for undergraduate or 3.5 for graduate coursework.
How to Apply
Nominations must be submitted by an academic program; students cannot apply for this fellowship.
Nominators should visit the Fellowship Nomination Instructions page for instructions on how to nominate students for this fellowship.
- With the University Provost Fellowship, applicants will receive an annual stipend of $17,000, waiver of University tuition (fall and spring), a College tuition scholarship, and graduate student health insurance coverage.
- Awards are paid over a 9-month period during which time students must be enrolled full-time.
- Awards provide up to three years of funding.
- Students awarded this fellowship will be provided with a summer University tuition waiver, by request only.
Application Deadline: February 9, 2020, by 11:59 p.m.