With 53.3% acceptance rate, the University of Washington is a selective public research university in the United States. UW is the largest recipient of federal research funding among public universities and currently ranks top 2nd among all public and private universities in the nation.
The university offers bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees through 140 departments. It has various colleges and schools, sees about 46,000 in total student enrollment every year, and functions on a quarter system.
UW is a globally recognized flagship university. It offers many services for its students and alumni, beyond the standard offered by most colleges and universities. The University of Washington acceptance rate is 53.3%.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into the University of Washington?
If you’re currently a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change in time for college applications.
- The average GPA at the University of Washington is 3.78.
- With a GPA of 3.78, University of Washington requires you to be above average in your high school class.
- This will help you compete effectively against other applicants who have higher GPAs than you.
Is University of Washington An Ivy League School?
- The University of Washington main campus in Seattle is a large public university with selective admissions.
- UW is the largest recipient of federal research funding among public universities and currently ranks top 2nd among all public and private universities in the nation.
University of Washington Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What Is a Good ACT Score At the University of Washington?
In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into the University of Washington.
- The average ACT score composite at the University of Washington is a 22.
Is the University of Washington a Prestigious School?
- The University of Washington is a public institution that was founded in 1861.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 30,933, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 634 acres.
- The University of Washington is one of the oldest public universities on the West Coast.
What Is the University of Washington Best Known For?
- UW is known for its research in medicine, science, as well as its highly-competitive computer science and engineering programs.
- The UW educates more than 54,000 students annually.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To the University of Washington?
Check out what it actually costs to go to the University of Washington.
|Cost of Attendance||In-state: $26,595, Out-of-state: $51,159|
|Room and Board||$12,117|
|Books and Supplies||$825|
What Majors is the University of Washington Known for?
- The most popular majors at the University of Washington include Social Sciences; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Engineering; and Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs.
- UW is known for strong social science, business, medical and engineering programs.
How Much Is Tuition at the University of Washington?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of the University of Washington-Seattle Campus are $10,974 for Washington residents and $35,538 for out of State students.
- The 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $16,272 for State residents and $28,320 for others.
Is the University of Washington a Public Or Private School?
- The University of Washington is a selective public university.
- UW’s research budget consistently ranks among the top 5 in both public and private universities in the United States.
- The University of Washington has strengths in both academics and athletics.
What Is SAT Score Required For the University of Washington?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to the University of Washington?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of Washington is 1300.