USC has historically educated a large number of the nation’s business leaders and professionals. As a major research university, USC provides undergraduates with an extraordinary range of academic programs and encourages study and research across disciplines.
For the 2017–18 academic year, there were 19,170 students enrolled in four-year undergraduate programs. USC also has 26,517 graduate and professional students in a number of different programs, including- business, law, engineering, social work, and medicine.
The USC acceptance rate is 17% that higher from 2016 (2016 – 16.5%).
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into USC?
- With a GPA of 3.73, USC requires you to be above average in your high school class.
- If your GPA is at or below the school average of 3.73, you’ll need a higher SAT score to compensate and show that you’re prepared to take on college academics.
- The average GPA at USC is 3.73. This makes USC Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
Is USC an Ivy League School?
- The University of Southern California is a private institution that was established in 1880.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 18,794, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 226 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar.
USC SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
There’s no absolute SAT requirement at USC, but they really want to see at least 1360 to have a chance at being considered.
Compared to other colleges which have the similar acceptance rate, the average SAT score of USC is much lower. The average SAT score of admitted students is 1320-1480.
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a Good ACT Score for USC?
In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into USC. USC likely doesn’t have a hard ACT cut off.
- The average ACT score composite at USC is a 32.
- This score makes USC Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
Is USC a Prestigious School?
- The University of Southern California (USC) is one of the leading private research universities in the country.
- USC is a prestigious school and a fairly difficult school to get into, with an admission rate of 20 percent to its undergraduate programs.
- The university is one of the top fundraising institutions in the world, consistently ranking among the top three in external contributions and alumni giving rates.
What is USC Best Known for?
- USC famous for it’s the most popular majors such as Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Social Sciences, Visual and Performing Arts, Engineering, and Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs.
- USC is also well known for its Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism and its highly esteemed School of Cinematic Arts, which has graduated students such as directors Judd Apatow and George Lucas.
How Much Does it Cost To Go To USC?
- The USC estimated Cost of Attendance is an average figure used to determine your financial aid eligibility.
- It includes average amounts for standard expenses—including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, board and other living expenses for two semesters of study.
- Cost of Attendance at the University of Southern California is $70,000.
What Majors are USC Known for?
- The graduate program is classified as “comprehensive” and offers 134 masters, doctoral, and professional degrees through 17 professional schools.
- The most popular majors at the University of Southern California include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Social Sciences, Visual and Performing Arts, Engineering, and Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs.
How Much is Tuition at USC?
- Tuition is charged at the same rate for both in-state and out-of-state residents.
|Tuition (12-18 units for two semesters)||$55,320|
|Room and board||$15,395|
|Books and supplies||$1,200|
|Personal and miscellaneous||$1,452|
Is USC a Public or Private School?
- The University of Southern California is a private research university in Los Angeles, California.
- USC’s academic departments fall either under the general liberal arts and sciences of the Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences for undergraduates, the Graduate School for graduates, or the university’s 18 professional schools.
- The USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences, the oldest and largest of the USC schools, grants undergraduate degrees in more than 130 majors and minors across the humanities, social sciences, and natural/physical sciences, and offers doctoral and masters programs in more than 20 fields
What Is SAT Score Required for the USC?
- The national average composite score for the SAT is 1497.
- The average SAT score composite at USC is 1450.