The University of South Carolina is one of only 32 public universities to earn the Carnegie Foundation’s top-tier designations in research activity and community engagement. The university’s mission is the education of the state’s residents through teaching, research, creative activity, and community engagement.
The university offers more than 350 programs of study, leading to bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees from fourteen degree-granting colleges and schools. Its commitment to educating the residents of South Carolina can be seen through programs that help you get ahead at work or simply learn something new.
With 64.5% University of South Carolina-Columbia acceptance rate, It is a moderately competitive school to get into with a strong chance of acceptance if you meet the requirements. The college has a total enrollment of approximately 50,000 students, with over 34,000 on the main Columbia campus. USC also has several thousand future students in feeder programs at surrounding technical colleges.
What GPA do you need to get into the University of South Carolina?
If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
- The average GPA at the University of South Carolina is 4.04.
- This makes University of South Carolina Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.04, University of South Carolina requires you to be at the top of your class.
University of South Carolina SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the University of South Carolina?
- The average ACT score at the University of South Carolina is 27.
- This score makes the University of South Carolina Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it tuition & cost to go to the University of South Carolina?
Estimated 2018-19 Costs
The tables below reflect average costs for the 2018-19 academic year (fall and spring semesters), and they should only be used as cost-estimating tools.
Undergraduate Students (S.C. Resident)
Tuition and Tech Fee
|Housing||$8,144 (weighted average cost)||
|$3,821 (standard 21-meal plan)||$2,672 (average)|
|Books and Supplies (average)||$1,065||
Miscellaneous and Transportation (average)
Undergraduate Students (Nonresident)
|On-Campus Student||Off-Campus Student|
|Tuition and Tech Fee||$33,321||
|$8,144 (weighted average cost)||$8,334 (average)|
|Meals||$3,821 (standard 21-meal plan)||
Books and Supplies (average)
|Miscellaneous and Transportation (average)||$4,232||
What majors is the University of South Carolina known for?
- Most Popular Majors at University of South Carolina Accounting, Biology, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, English, Experimental Psychology, Finance, History, Hospitality Administration, Kinesiology, Marketing, Nursing, Political Science, Psychology, Public Relations, Retailing, Sport, and Fitness Administration.
- With 350 bachelor, masters and doctoral programs, the University of South Carolina offers wide-ranging academic opportunities to students.
- They also offer nearly 200 masters and Ph.D. programs that help you contribute to the world of knowledge in your field.
Is University of South Carolina a public or Private school?
- The USC Columbia campus is one of eight college campuses in the University of South Carolina system.
- USC is nationally known for its pioneering work with first-year college students.
- USC is one of 62 public and 32 private research institutions and one of the two universities in South Carolina classified a research institution of “very high research activity” by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Over 34,500 students attend the Columbia campus of the University of South Carolina, coming from all 46 South Carolina counties.
- They offer bachelor’s degree completion programs through Palmetto College, and our graduate school offers online graduate degree programs in education, engineering, health information technology, and public health.
What SAT score is required for the University of South Carolina?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of South Carolina is 1270.