The University of Richmond is a private, nonsectarian, liberal arts college that was founded in 1830. Richmond is the highest-ranked private college and the second-highest-ranked college overall in Virginia. It received high marks for career services, classroom experience, and quality of life. The University of Richmond offers numerous research opportunities for students.
Richmond offers more than 100 majors, minors, and concentrations in three undergraduate schools—the School of Arts and Sciences, the Robins School of Business, and the Jepson School of Leadership Studies. The School of Continuing Studies, primarily an evening school focused on part-time adult students, offers additional degree programs in selected areas.
University of Richmond acceptance rate is 31.1%. The University of Richmond is a primarily undergraduate, residential university with approximately 4,350 undergraduate and graduate students in five schools. Richmond has over 165 student organizations.
What GPA do you need to get into the University of Richmond?
If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
- The average GPA at the University of Richmond is 3.83.
- This makes University of Richmond Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.83, University of Richmond requires you to be near the top of your class, and well above average.
University of Richmond SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
What is a good ACT score for the University of Richmond?
- The average ACT score at the University of Richmond is 30.
- This score makes University of Richmond Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it cost to go to the University of Richmond?
Undergraduate Cost of Attendance – 2018-2019
Charges billed by UR
|Books & supplies||
|Direct Loan Fees||
Estimated other costs
|Total estimated costs||
What majors is the University of Richmond known for?
- The most popular majors at the University of Richmond include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Social Sciences, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies, and Psychology.
- Richmond offers a complete portfolio of study abroad opportunities with options to study abroad for a semester or year through one of its more than 75 programs around the world.
How much is tuition at the University of Richmond?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of University of Richmond are $50,910 for their students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $24,480.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, undergraduate tuition & fees at University of Richmond is $50,910.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at the University of Richmond is $52,445.
- This cost is estimated based on the cost change rate of last year.
Is University of Richmond a public or school?
- The University of Richmond offers numerous research opportunities for students.
- In addition to research-based courses, independent studies, and practicums in most disciplines, many special opportunities exist for students to participate in close research collaborations with faculty.
- International engagement at Richmond happens in the classroom, the residence halls, its vibrant city, and all over the world.
- More than 60% of undergraduates have experience abroad by the time they graduate, and 13% of undergraduates come from outside the U.S.
- They encourage dialogue across cultures and work with faculty and staff to support teaching, research, professional development, and co-curricular opportunities.
- The university has sought to develop a stronger international focus.
- International students from about 70 countries represent about 7 percent of the student body.
- Approximately half of the undergraduate students participate in one of 78 studies abroad programs offered by the university.
What SAT score is required for the University of Richmond?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of Richmond is 1380.