The University of North Carolina, at Chapel Hill, is inviting students to apply for their Merit Scholarships. Students who are in need of financial aid and are freshmen students can apply for these scholarships. The scholarships cater to various disciplines and help students achieve success in the various fields that lie ahead of them. Students with a particular interest in art and music, science and technology, etc., should go through the scholarships being offered at UNC. Grab these scholarships before you miss the chance to study at UNC!
The scholarships at UNC are solely merit-based while it also checks the student’s involvement in co-curricular activities. The scholarships aim to help students in need as well. Most of the scholarships are awarded by the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid and hence, no state standardized tests are required to avail of the scholarships. The purpose of these awards is to encourage students to not only delve into academic pursuits but also to stay motivated to fulfil their hobbies and dreams and aspirations.
The University of North Carolina, at Chapel Hill, is a university that promises to honour its mission of education, research, and public service. It aims to cater to students from a diverse background- keeping in mind their culture, race, ethnicity, economic standing, etc. Its main aim is to provide affordable education to students who wish to receive higher education. The university is constantly working towards achieving new heights in the various disciplines it offers. UNC is known for many of its athletic endeavours and marking its place in history as one of the most competitive universities.
For a quick glance at the scholarships, refer to the following table:
|Organization||University of North Carolina|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Country||United States of America|
|Application Deadline||January 22, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible?
The eligible candidates for the scholarships are:
- High school graduating students;
- Students must hold impressive academic and extra-curricular activities records.
How to Apply
Students will have to complete their Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA) form with the school code and also complete their CSS Profile with the school code to attend UNC at Chapel Hill. The FAFSA form will require the students FSA ID and if parents sign electronically, their FSA ID is also required. In case parents are not eligible to obtain an FSA ID, they may print out the signature page and sign it.
- FAFSA Form
- CSS Profile
The benefits vary from one scholarship to another but UNC offers multiple numbers of scholarships to freshmen. The benefits are given below:
- Carolina Covenant Scholarship: Educational Fund
- Johnston Scholars Program Scholarship: Educational Fund
- Wood Family Scholars Program: Educational Fund
- Blue Sky Scholars Program: Recipients will receive a renewable $7,500 scholarship, $2,500 work-study award, and a one-time $2,500 enrichment opportunity grant
- Scholarships without a Financial Need Component: Educational Fund
- Carolina Scholarship: Educational Fund
- Chancellor’s Science Scholarship: Educational Fund
- College Fellowship Scholarship: Renewable award money of $2,500
- Colonel Robinson Scholarship: Educational Fund
- Kenan Music Scholarship: Education Fund
- Old Well and Founders Scholarship: Award money of $3,000
- Pogue Scholarships: Educational Fund
- Tar Heel Merit Scholarships: Educational Fund
The application deadline for students starting in Spring is January 22, 2021. Students should complete the FAFSA Form and the CSS Profile within their deadlines. Late and incomplete submissions will not be considered.