The University of Michigan is a place with deep traditions focused on creating brighter futures. The University was a founding member of the Association of American Universities.
The university has “very high” research activity and the comprehensive graduate program offers doctoral degrees in the humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields as well as professional degrees in medicine, law, and dentistry.
With over 200 undergraduate majors, and 100 doctoral and 90 master’s programs, U-M has conferred 6,490 undergraduate degrees, 4,951 graduate degrees, and 709 first professional degrees.
Michigan’s body of living alumni comprises more than 540,000 people, one of the largest alumni bases of any university in the world. With over 6,200 faculty members, the University of Michigan Acceptance Rate is 28.6%.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Michigan?
You will need exceptionally good grades to get into University of Michigan Ann Arbor.
- The average GPA at the University of Michigan is 3.83.
- This makes University of Michigan Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.83, University of Michigan requires you to be near the top of your class, and well above average.
Is Michigan an Ivy League School?
- The University of Michigan is the highest-ranked public university in the United States.
- It coming in at 23rd in a list filled with Ivy League schools and some of the most prestigious universities in Europe and Asia.
Michigan Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
There’s no absolute SAT requirement at the University of Michigan, but they really want to see at least 1370 to have a chance at being considered.
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a Good ACT Score For Michigan?
In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into the University of Michigan.
- The average ACT score composite at the University of Michigan is a 31.
- There’s no absolute ACT requirement at the University of Michigan, but they really want to see at least a 29 to have a chance at being considered.
Is Michigan a Prestigious School?
- The University of Michigan located in Ann Arbor is a public institution that was established in 1817.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 28,983, its setting is a city, and the campus size is 3,207 acres.
What is Michigan Best Known For?
- The University of Michigan famous for its most popular majors such as Business Administration and Management, Experimental Psychology; Economics, Physiological Psychology/Psychobiology; and Computer and Information Sciences, General.
- It is widely known as Michigan’s schools and colleges rank among the nation’s best.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To the University of Michigan?
Do you want to know What Would It Cost You to Attend the University of Michigan?
- Residents of Michigan pay an annual total price of $28,776 to attend University of Michigan Ann Arbor on a full-time
- Out of state residents are charged a total cost of $59,784 which is 107.8% higher than Michigan residents.
- This fee is comprised of $14,074 for tuition, $10,872 room and board, $1,048 for books and supplies and $328 for other fees.
What Majors are Michigan Known for?
- The university has “very high” research activity and the comprehensive graduate program offers doctoral degrees in the humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields as well as professional degrees in medicine, law, and dentistry.
- The most popular majors at the University of Michigan–Ann Arbor include: Business Administration and Management, Experimental Psychology, Economics, Physiological Psychology/Psychobiology, and Computer and Information Sciences, General.
How Much is Tuition at Michigan?
You can see Tuition and Fees 2018-19 for tuition for the next academic year.
|Tuition and Fees||
In-state: $14,826, Out-of-state: $47,476
|Room and Board||
|Books and Supplies||
Is Michigan a Public Or Private School?
- The University of Michigan is a public research university in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- There are 18 graduate schools and colleges, the largest of which are the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, the College of Engineering, the Law School, and the Ross School of Business.
- Professional degrees are conferred by the Schools of Architecture, Public Health, Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Urban Planning, and
What is SAT Score Required For the University of Michigan?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to University of Michigan Ann Arbor?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of Michigan is 1450.
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor typically requires applicants to be in the top 6 percent of SAT test takers.