A vibrant and diverse academic community, the University of Miami has rapidly progressed to become one of America’s top research universities. There are currently 2,660 full-time faculty members, with 97 percent of regular faculty holding doctorates or terminal degrees in their field.
The university offers 133 undergraduate, 139 masters, and 68 doctoral degree programs, of which 64 are research/scholarship and four professional areas of study. The University comprises 11 schools and colleges serving undergraduate and graduate students in more than 180 majors and programs.
University of Miami acceptance rate is 37.8%. The university’s students have represented all 50 states and close to 150 foreign countries. It has more than 15,000 full and part-time faculty and staff and 17,000 students from around the world. UM received a record 34,267 undergraduate applications for fall 2018 – a 12 percent increase from the previous year.
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into the University of Miami?
If you’re a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change from this point on.
- The average GPA at the University of Miami is 3.6.
- This makes University of Miami Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.6, University of Miami requires you to be above average in your high school class.
Is University of Miami an Ivy League school?
- The University of Miami is a selective private university, and well over half of all applicants are rejected every year.
- The University of Miami is a vibrant and diverse academic community focused on teaching and learning, the discovery of new knowledge, and service to the South Florida region and beyond.
- UM’s unique location and programs provide you the experience and knowledge to jumpstart your career.
University of Miami SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the University of Miami?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into the University of Miami?
- The average ACT score composite at the University of Miami is a 30.
Is the University of Miami a prestigious school?
- The University of Miami is one of the most selective schools in Florida.
- As one of the top research universities in the country, the University of Miami brings together esteemed faculty and talented students from throughout the United States and the world.
- About 50 percent of classes for undergraduates have 17 or fewer students; about 75 percent of classes have 27 or fewer students.
What is the University of Miami best known for?
- The university challenging courses, projects that forge together knowledge and practice, and a stimulating, diverse environment.
- The University of Miami actively seeks students who demonstrate academic talent, a strong college preparatory curriculum, personal integrity, and seriousness of educational purpose.
- UM also have a division of continuing and international education and a program in executive education as part of its school of business administration.
How much does it cost to go to the University of Miami?
Cost of Attendance values is based on assumed full-time enrollment.
|Undergraduate On Campus||Undergraduate Off Campus|
Housing and Meals
|Total Cost of Attendance:||$68,458||
What are the majors the University of Miami known for?
- The most popular majors at the University of Miami include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Social Sciences, Health Professions, and Related Programs, and Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs.
- It engaged in more than 180 academic programs and majors, undergraduate and graduate students from across the nation and around the world.
How much is tuition at the University of Miami?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of University of Miami are $48,484 for their students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $36,332.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, undergraduate tuition & fees at University of Miami is $48,484.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at the University of Miami is $50,011.
- This cost is estimated based on the cost change rate of last year.
Is the University of Miami a public or private school?
- Admission is selective and offered to those applicants whose credentials are academically sound and whose interests, aptitudes, and preparation reflect a well-rounded secondary school experience, inside and outside the classroom.
- The University of Miami’s 11 Schools and Colleges, located on three campuses in Coral Gables, Virginia Key, and downtown Miami, offer a myriad of exploration, learning, and challenges to our students.
- UM also offers a wide range of student activities, including fraternities and sororities, a student newspaper and radio station.
What is the SAT score required for the University of Miami?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to the University of Miami?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of Miami is 1360.