The University of Maryland, College Park is the state’s flagship university and one of the nation’s preeminent public research universities. They discover and share new knowledge every day through their renowned research enterprise and programs in academics, the arts, and athletics.
Maryland offers more than 200 degree-granting programs, many of them ranked among the best in the country. The University of Maryland offers 127 undergraduate degrees and 112 graduate degrees in thirteen colleges and schools. All undergraduate programs and most graduate programs follow the semester calendar.
University of Maryland acceptance rate is 44.9%. The university is home to more than 40,000 students, 10,000 faculties and staff, and 352,000 alumni all dedicated to the pursuit of Fearless Ideas. Its faculty includes three Nobel laureates, two Pulitzer Prize winners, 60 members of the national academies and scores of Fulbright scholars.
What GPA do you need to get into the University of Maryland?
- The average GPA at the University of Maryland is 4.22.
- This makes University of Maryland Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.22, University of Maryland requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is the University of Maryland an Ivy League school?
- The University of Maryland is a global leader in research, entrepreneurship and Innovation University.
- The University educates students and advances knowledge in areas of importance to the State, the nation, and the world.
- Its students, who include the highest achievers in the state and nation, enjoy experiences unique to their location just outside the nation’s capital, including internships, research, and leadership and service opportunities.
The University of Maryland SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the University of Maryland?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into the University of Maryland-College Park?
- The average ACT score composite at the University of Maryland is a 30.
Is the University of Maryland a prestigious school?
- The university is a national powerhouse in research and academics, even as it embraces its roots as a land-grant institution.
- The University is committed to being a preeminent national center for research and for graduate education, and the institution of choice for Maryland’s undergraduates of exceptional ability and promise.
- Students here can create a unique identity and grow as individuals, even as they’re part of a close-knit and diverse community.
What is the University of Maryland best known for?
- The University of Maryland is one of the world’s premier research institutions.
- Maryland touts 800-plus student organizations, dozens of prestigious living and learning communities, and countless other ways to get involved.
- UMD conducts groundbreaking research on some of the biggest challenges facing our global community, including cybersecurity and terrorism, bioengineering, public health equity, food safety, and climate change.
How much does it cost to go to the University of Maryland?
Estimated 2018-19 Annual Tuition, Room, Meals & Other Fees
|Estimated Costs||Maryland Resident||Non-Maryland Resident2|
|Annual tuition and mandatory fees3||$10,595||$35,216|
|On-campus residence hall room, cable and phone||$7,425||$7,425|
|Meal plan (Average)||$5,004||$5,004|
|Books and supplies4||$1,250||$1,250|
|Transportation and incidental costs4||$2,522||$2,522|
What are the majors at the University of Maryland is known for?
- Biology/Biological Sciences, Biology/Biological Sciences.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- Computer and Information Sciences, Finance, Kinesiology and Exercise Science etc.
- Its undergraduate education is centered on both a student’s chosen academic program and the selection of core coursework to fulfill general education requirements.
How much is tuition at the University of Maryland?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of University of Maryland-College Park are $10,399 for Maryland residents and $33,606 for out of State students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $13,884 for State residents and $28,122 for others.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, the undergraduate tuition & fees at University of Maryland-College Park is $10,399 for in-state and $33,606 for out-of-state students.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at the University of Maryland-College Park is $10,622 for in-state and $35,243 for out-of-state students.
Is the University of Maryland a public or private school?
- The University of Maryland, College Park is a public research university in College Park, Maryland.
- Founded in 1856, the university is the flagship institution of the University System of Maryland.
- They strive to discover new knowledge and put it to work through innovation and entrepreneurship, advancing economic development and transforming lives.
- The University of Maryland uses the application provided by The Coalition for Access, Affordability, and Success, joining over 130 top public and private universities using the platform to streamline the college application process.
What is the SAT score required for the University of Maryland?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to the University of Maryland College Park?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of Maryland is 1370.