The University of Leeds is delighted to announce the Undergraduate Awards. The awards program is open to full-time undergraduate students from all disciplines in their penultimate and final year of a degree course.
The program creates the opportunity for students to have their undergraduate work published, and recognized as world-leading. Winners are eligible to attend a global summit in Dublin in November of each year.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The Undergraduate Awards program is open to full-time undergraduate students from all disciplines in their penultimate and final year of a degree course.
- Part-time students who are studying an undergraduate degree may also take part in awards, on the condition that they have completed two-thirds of their course.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants need to do register through the given link: https://app.reviewr.com/s1/site/uaprogramme2018
- You can submit up to three papers/projects.
- You cannot submit the same paper more than once. You can, however, submit up to three papers to UA, and each to a different category, if you wish.
- UA only accepts work that was completed for your undergraduate degree. If you completed work on an optional program, such as a summer school, this work is not eligible for submission.
- UA only accepts submissions from students in the final or penultimate year of an undergraduate degree course. So, if you are undertaking a three-year degree, only students in their second or third year of study can submit.
- UA only accepts submissions in English. However, we would encourage students who have completed work in a language other than English to translate essays into English and submit the translated paper/project.
- Apart from Visual Arts and Architecture & Design, the minimum word count is 2,500 words with no leeway. The maximum word is either 12,000 or 5,000 words depending on the category.
- You can include images and graphs. Any text accompanying the image will be included in the word count. However, images/graphs that are included in the appendix will not be included in the word count.
- Ensure that your paper is saved in either .doc or .pdf format. The maximum file size is 10MB.
- If your paper meets the above criteria and still won’t upload to your submission form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Winners are published in the annual ‘The Undergraduate Journal’, as well as being invited to the UA Global Summit in Dublin, Ireland.
- This is an all-expenses-paid four-day networking and brainstorming event which brings the world’s top students together for a series of inspirational lectures, workshops, and discussions.
- Winners and Highly Commended Entrants also gain access to the UA Alumni Network.
The application deadline is June 12, 2018.
For queries pertaining to your submission form or the awards program contact email@example.com