The University of Georgia is the birthplace of public higher education in America. One of the nation’s top universities for technology commercialization and licensing income, University of Georgia research has resulted in nearly 700 commercial products reaching the marketplace.
The university is organized into 17 constituent schools and colleges offering more than 140-degree programs. The University of Georgia’s Office of International Education offers numerous study abroad destinations for a wide array of majors and areas of study.
With 52.9% University of Georgia acceptance rate, applicants are admitting making University of Georgia a more competitive school to get into with a good chance of acceptance for qualifying applicants. The university’s 17 colleges and schools enroll more than 37,000 students and have produced over 315,000 alumni living worldwide.
Table of Contents
What GPA do you need to get into the University of Georgia?
- The average GPA at UGA is 3.9.
- This makes UGA Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.9, UGA requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is University of Georgia an Ivy League school?
- The university has been recognized as a Public Ivy, a publicly-funded university considered to provide a quality of education comparable to that of an Ivy League university.
- The University of Georgia has been designated a “Public Ivy” in The Public Ivies: America’s Flagship Public Universities as “successfully competing with the Ivy League schools in academic rigor… attracting superstar faculty and in competing for the best and brightest students of all races.
University of Georgia SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
What is a good ACT score for the University of Georgia?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into the University of Georgia?
- The average ACT score at UGA is 29.
- This score makes UGA Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it Cost to go to the University of Georgia?
Based on a 9-month academic year for an average undergraduate student.
|Tuition and Fees||$11,830||
Typical Residence Hall
|Typical 7-Day Meal Plan||$3,996||
Estimated Books, Supplies & Living Expenses
What are the majors at the University of Georgia is known for?
- The most popular majors at the University of Georgia include Finance, Psychology, Biology/Biological Sciences, Marketing/Marketing Management, General, and International Relations and Affairs.
- The University of Georgia’s Office of International Education offers numerous study abroad destinations for a wide array of majors and areas of study.
- UGA has faculty study abroad programs on every continent, including Antarctica.
- The University of Georgia has a nationally top-ten ranked, highest overall rated, and nationally acclaimed honors program.
How much is tuition at the University of Georgia?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of University of Georgia are $11,818 for Georgia residents and $30,392 for out of State students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $10,970 for State residents and $26,958 for others.
- For academic year 2017-2018, the undergraduate tuition & fees at University of Georgia is $11,818 for in-state and $30,392 for out-of-state students. T
- he undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at University of Georgia is $12,005 for in-state and $30,950 for out-of-state students.
Is University of Georgia a public or private school?
- It is committed to improving the quality of life for all and is leaders in pivotal fields, such as vaccine development, regenerative medicine, plant sciences and more.
- UGA ranks among the top five American universities for the number of students studying abroad, with more than 100 programs in over 50 countries.
- The University of Georgia tackles some of the world’s grand challenges, from combating infectious disease and creating a dependable food supply to advancing economic growth and strengthening cyber and global security.
- The university is recognized for its commitment to student excellence through an emphasis on rigorous learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom, including hands-on research and leadership opportunities.
- The University of Georgia has been one of the nation’s top three producers of Rhodes Scholars over the past two decades, and its honors program is ranked as one of the top 10 in the country.
What is the SAT score required for the University of Georgia?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to the University of Georgia?
- The average SAT score composite at UGA is 1330.