Founded in 1853, the University of Florida is one of sixty-two elected member institutions in the United States. It is a leading research institution with more than 200 outstanding opportunities for a graduate and undergraduate education. UF is home to sixteen academic colleges and more than 150 research centers and institutes.
The University of Florida offers multiple graduate programs including engineering, business, law, and medicine on one contiguous campus, and coordinates 123 master’s degree programs and 76 doctoral degree programs in 87 schools and departments. The university is ranked second overall in the United States for the number of bachelor’s degrees awarded to African-Americans, and third overall for Hispanics.
The University of Florida Acceptance Rate in 2017 was 38%. For the class of 2022, there were 40,849 applicants and 14,866 were accepted for summer and fall. It has 35,043 undergraduate students and 52,286 students in total.
What GPA do you need to get into the University of Florida?
- The GPA requirement that really a matter is the GPA you need for a real chance of getting in.
- The average GPA at the University of Florida is 3.71.
- With a GPA of 3.71, University of Florida requires you to be above average in your high school class.
Is University of Florida an Ivy League school?
- The University of Florida in Gainesville is a selective public university where fewer than half of all applicants get accepted.
- The University of Florida looks for students who excel both inside and outside of the classroom, so strong academics by themselves may not be enough to get in.
- UF has more than 10,000 active research projects and has helped launch more than 190 startups based on UF researchers’ technologies over the last 15 years.
University of Florida SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the University of Florida?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into the University of Florida?
- The average ACT score composite at the University of Florida is a 28.
Is the University of Florida a prestigious school?
- The University of Florida is a public land grant, sea grant and space grant research university in Gainesville, FL.
- UF is one of the largest single-campus universities in the country.
- It is one of only 17 public, land-grant universities that belong to the Association of American Universities.
What is the University of Florida best known for?
- They aspire to solve grand challenges, and in doing so, to propel UF to the very top tier of public universities.
- With more than 50,000 students, Florida is now one of the five largest universities in the nation.
- It has a long history of established programs in international education, research and service.
How much does it cost to go to the University of Florida?
The costs below reflect estimated expenses.
|Undergrad On Campus||Undergrad Off Campus||Undergrad Living with Parents||Undergrad Summer 19 (A+B) On Campus|
|*Tuition / Fees||$6,380||$6,380||$6,380||$2,550|
|Books and Supplies||1,030||1,030||1,030||410|
What are the majors the University of Florida known for?
- The most popular majors at the University of Florida include Engineering; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Social Sciences; and Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs.
- The University of Florida has an honors program after they are accepted to the university, students must apply separately to the Honors Program and show significant academic achievement to be accepted.
- There are over 100 courses offered exclusively to students in this program.
How much is tuition at the University of Florida?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of University of Florida are $6,381 for Florida residents and $28,659 for out of State students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $12,737 for State residents and $30,130 for others.
- The undergraduate tuition & fees at the University of Florida is $6,381 for in-state and $28,659 for out-of-state students.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at the University of Florida is $6,381 for in-state and $28,659 for out-of-state students.
Is the University of Florida a public or private school?
- The University of Florida is an American public land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant research university.
- The University of Florida is one of sixty-two elected member institutions of the Association of American Universities.
- For the 2016-2017 academic year, tuition costs were $6,389 for in-state undergraduate students and $28,666 for out-of-state students.
What is the SAT score required for the University of Florida?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to the University of Florida?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of Florida is 1330.