Applications are now open for the Essex International Visiting Fellowships. These fellowships are open to researchers based outside the United Kingdom, who have a sustained track record of significant output, as demonstrated in the peer-reviewed literature, and a strong commitment to quality research outputs.
Essex International Visiting Fellowships are prestigious, competitive awards for high performing, established academics and researchers. This flagship program provides support for outstanding researchers to undertake a period of research at Essex that is of major importance in its field and of significant benefit to Essex’s research.
Who May Eligible:
Essex International Visiting Fellowships are open to researchers based outside the United Kingdom, who have:
- a sustained track record of significant output,
- as demonstrated in the peer-reviewed literature, and
- a strong commitment to quality research outputs.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate in the fellowship, the applicants need to do register through the given link:
- Students and graduates (e.g. undergraduate students/graduates, Master’s students/graduates, Ph.D. students, post-doctoral students) are not eligible for the scheme.
- They cannot accept applications to our Southend or Loughton Campuses.
- During your stay, it is anticipated that you will contribute to a number of activities.
- When you apply, you should, therefore, identify events and activities you that will contribute to during your stay.
- The program of events should aim to incorporate some of the following:
- presentation of your core research to a targeted audience
- research and/or training event targeted at Ph.D. students and early career scholars
- exploration of further collaborative opportunities with groups/individuals
- a public event
- the interdisciplinary activity aimed at an audience beyond your immediate field of specialism, e.g. lecture, performance, exhibition, seminar, workshop
- Some sections of the form will ask you to upload documents to support your application. You must upload:
- your abbreviated curriculum vitae (one to two A4 pages maximum)
- proposal for your research activity (one to two A4 pages maximum)
- letter of invite/support from a hosting department or center at Essex – must be on official letter headed paper and signed by Head of Department or Centre / Institute Director
- Ensure the documents are in PDF or JPEG format, otherwise the form will notify you of an upload error.
- An Essex International Visiting Fellowship includes:
- economy airfare from the Visiting Fellow’s nominated home airport to a London based airport and return from London to the nominated home airport
- self-catering accommodation, including the cost of utilities
- a contribution to subsistence (£100 per week)
- Award holders are given the title International Visiting Fellow for the period of their stay.
Applications are invited throughout the year and should be submitted by close of business on the day of the deadline:
Short-stay International Visiting Fellows
- for visits from September to December, submit by 31 July
- for visits from January to April, submit by 30 November
- for visits from May to July, submit by 31 March
Extended-stay International Visiting Fellows
- 31 July 2018 for visits from September 2018 to July 2019
If you experience any issues with the form, contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org and they help you with any issues you might have.