The University of Chicago has many prominent alumni, faculty members and researchers. The university is home to the University of Chicago Press, the largest university press in the United States.
University of Chicago scholars has played a major role in the development of many academic disciplines, including sociology, law, economics, literary criticism, religion and the behavioralism school of political science.
The university currently enrolls 5,971 undergraduate students and 16,016 students overall. with 7.9% University Of Chicago Acceptance Rate is also well known for its professional schools.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into Chicago?
You will need exceptionally good grades to get into the University of Chicago.
- The average GPA at the University of Chicago is 4.29.
- This makes University of Chicago Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.29, University of Chicago requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is University Of Chicago an Ivy League School?
- The University of Chicago is one of the top-rated private universities in the country.
- It holds top-ten positions in various national and international rankings.
- The university is home to several committees for interdisciplinary scholarship, including the John U. Nef Committee on Social Thought.
University Of Chicago Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
There’s no absolute SAT requirement at the University of Chicago, but they really want to see at least 1490 to have a chance at being considered.
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What Is a Good ACT Score at the Chicago?
What are the ACT requirements for prospective students to get into the University of Chicago?
- The average ACT score composite at the University of Chicago is a 34.
Is University Of Chicago a Prestigious School?
- The University of Chicago is a private institution that was founded in 1890.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 5,941, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 217 acres.
What is the University Of Chicago Best Known For?
- The University Of Chicago famous for its most popular majors such as Economics, Biology/Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Political Science and Government, and Public Policy Analysis, General.
- Chicago is also well known for its professional schools, which include the Pritzker School of Medicine, the Booth School of Business, the Law School, the School of Social Service Administration, the Harris School of Public Policy Studies, the Divinity School and the Graham School of Continuing Liberal and Professional Studies.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To the University Of Chicago?
- The total Estimated Cost of Attendance is comprised of direct costs (tuition, fees, and health insurance, if required) and indirect costs (rent, food, transportation, supplies, and miscellaneous expenses).
- Estimated living expenses will vary widely, depending on your living arrangements.
2018-2019 Estimated Living Expenses & Fees
|Books & Supplies||1,785||1,179|
|Room & Board||17,100||17,100|
|Student Life Fee||1,164||1,164|
What Majors are the University Of Chicago Known for?
- The University of Chicago scholars has played a major role in the development of many academic disciplines, including sociology, law, economics, literary criticism, religion and the behavioralism school of political science.
- The College of the University of Chicago grants Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in 51 academic majors and 33 minors.
- The university graduate schools and committees are divided into five divisions: Biological Sciences, Humanities, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, and the Institute for Molecular Engineering.
- The most popular majors at the University of Chicago include Economics, Biology/Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Political Science and Government, and Public Policy Analysis, General.
How much is Tuition at Chicago?
2017-18 Academic Year Tuition and Fees are listed below.
|Student Life Fee||
|One-time Lifetime Transcript Fee||
|University Student Health Basic Insurance Plan (student only)||
|Room & Board||
|Books & Supplies||
|Total for a single student||
Is University Of Chicago a Public Or Private School?
- The University of Chicago is a private, non-profit research university in Chicago, Illinois.
- The university is composed of the College, various graduate programs and interdisciplinary committees organized into five academic research divisions and seven professional schools.
- The university runs a number of academic institutions and programs apart from its undergraduate and postgraduate schools.
What Is SAT Score Required For the University Of Chicago?
What are the SAT requirements for students to be admitted to the University of Chicago?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of Chicago is 1540.
- The University of Chicago typically requires applicants to be in the top 1 percent of SAT test takers.