The University of Arizona is pleased to announce Study Abroad Photo and Video Contest. The competition is open to the student who participated in a UA-sponsored study abroad program between August 2017 and December 2018.
This Contest is your chance to visually share your study abroad experience with the UA community. There are four categories for entering photos: Cultural Snapshot, Landscape/Nature, School Spirit, Learn Everywhere, and Video.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be a student who participated in a UA-sponsored study abroad program between August 2017 and December 2018.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://global.arizona.edu/study-abroad/photo-contest-submission-form
- Entries: Maximum 1 entry per category
- Categories: There are four categories for entering photos:
- Cultural Snapshot: Photos that provide a sense of the local culture, people, customs, and traditions
- Landscape/Nature: Photos of architecture, scenery, and landmarks (can include people)
- School Spirit: Photos that show Wildcat pride through wearing the UA logo or other demonstrations of school spirit
- Learn Everywhere: Photos of learning and academic experiences in an international context. For example, showcasing a lecture at a historic site or participating in fieldwork.
- Videos must:
- Narrated (workshops will be held in the fall)
- Be appropriate and non-offensive (e.g. no alcohol or nudity)
- Highlight the study abroad program, focusing on the unique experiences and learning opportunities that UA students have while abroad
- Include at least one academically-oriented scene
- Photo Requirements: Submissions must be a high-resolution JPEG file (selected photos will be printed 8×10). The minimum image resolution needed is 3600×2400 pixels.
- Video Requirements: maximum of 3 minutes long and uploaded to YouTube.
- The top photos and videos will be on display and the winner will be announced at this reception.
- Prizes TBD
The application deadline is December 31, 2018.