Established in 1885, the University of Arizona, the state’s land-grant university with two medical schools, produces graduates who are real-world ready through its 100% Engagement initiative. It is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), UA faculty and programs are among the nation’s best.
The University of Arizona offers a wide variety of academic programs, many of which are among the nation’s best. Students can choose from more than 300 undergraduate and graduate degrees through 20 colleges and 11 schools with different campus options. It is able to offer a variety of campus locations to help you earn your degrees.
With 76.4% University of Arizona acceptance rate, students with good grades have a decent shot of being admitted. The university enrolls 43,625 students in 19 separate colleges/schools. The UA is advancing the frontiers of interdisciplinary scholarship and entrepreneurial partnerships and is a member of the Association of American Universities, the 62 leading public and private research universities.
What GPA do you need to get into the University of Arizona?
- The average GPA at the University of Arizona is 3.38.
- This makes University of Arizona Moderately Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.38, University of Arizona accepts below-average students.
Is the University of Arizona an Ivy League school?
- UA mission is to improve the prospects and enrich the lives of the people of Arizona and the world through education, research, and creative expression.
- UA is also a leader in research, bringing more than $622 million in research investment each year, and ranking 22nd among all public universities.
- The university has been part of every planetary mission with NASA and when others proved just how hard it is to sample an asteroid.
The University of Arizona SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the University of Arizona?
- The average ACT score composite at the University of Arizona is a 24.
Is the University of Arizona a prestigious school?
- The University of Arizona is a premier, public research university.
- In 2018, the University of Arizona earned the designation of Hispanic-Serving Institution from the U.S. Department of Education for its success in the enrollment of Hispanic students and in providing educational opportunities to them.
- UA faculties are globally recognized for their leadership, scholarship, and service by world-renowned academic societies and programs.
What is the University of Arizona best known for?
- The University of Arizona is one of four academic health centers chosen to participate because of our expertise in genetics.
- It’s partnership with Banner Health and our ability to reach underserved populations who have been historically omitted from data collection and research.
- Arizona offers a multitude of majors and degree programs, considered some of the nation’s best.
How much does it cost to go to the University of Arizona?
2018-2019 cost of attendance for an undergraduate incoming class of 2018-2019
|CATEGORY||ARIZONA RESIDENT||ARIZONA RESIDENT||ARIZONA RESIDENT||NON-RESIDENT||NON-RESIDENT|
|LIVING W/PARENT||UA HOUSING||MINIMUM COSTS||UA HOUSING||MINIMUM COSTS|
What are the majors at the University of Arizona is known for?
- The most popular majors are business, management, marketing, and related support services; biological and biomedical sciences; and social sciences.
- With more than 300 undergraduate majors and graduate programs, they’ll help you craft a unique course of action full of limitless possibilities.
- It offers bachelors, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees. It has 300 undergraduate majors and graduate programs and applied to learn opportunities to build your path.
How much is tuition at the University of Arizona?
- University of Arizona tuition is $10,752 per year for in-state residents.
- This is 57% more expensive than the national average public four-year tuition of $6,841.
- The cost is 25% cheaper than the average Arizona tuition of $14,289 for 4-year colleges.
- If attending from out-of-state, the tuition is $33,950 which represents a 216% premium.
- The school charges additional fees of $1,017 in addition to tuition bringing the total effective in-state tuition to $11,769.
Is the University of Arizona a public or private school?
- The University of Arizona is a public research university in Tucson, Arizona.
- The University of Arizona is governed by the Arizona Board of Regents.
- The University of Arizona is one of the elected members of the Association of American Universities and is the only representative from the state of Arizona to this group.
- As a premier research university, they offer unparalleled innovation and the support of a world-class faculty that’s committed to your success both inside and outside the classroom.
What is the SAT score required for the University of Arizona?
- The average SAT score composite at the University of Arizona is 1170.