Highly talented applicants are invited for the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals Fellowship which is providing by the German Bundestag and U.S. Department of State. The program is open for US candidates.
The United State Department of State commonly referred to as the State Department established in 1789. The department is responsible for carrying out U.S. foreign policy and international relations.
Who May Eligible
- The program is open to candidates in all career fields, and applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are selected for the program each year.
- Aspirants are expected to act as “young ambassadors” of the United States in Germany, and to represent the diversity of the U.S. in factors including, career field, educational background, geographic location, disabilities, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, and socio-economic status.
- Candidates must have U.S. citizenship
- Ages 18½–24 at the start of the program
- Claimants must hold a High school diploma
- Must exhibit clear career goals and relevant experience in their career field
- Experience can be in the form of work, internships, or volunteering
- Strong interest in German and world affairs
- Prior German language knowledge is not required but is preferred
How to Apply
If you want to apply for the fellowship,
- Students have to fill the online application form and requiring copies of the following documents to be uploaded with applicant’s submission such as:
- Copy of official transcript showing at least the last two years of study
- Proof of U.S. citizenship: passport or birth certificate
- High school diploma or proof of graduation
- Two letters of recommendation to be submitted
Benefits: This funded fellowship opportunity annually covers basic living costs for all 150 participants including:
- Round-trip international airfare from Washington, D.C. to Germany
- Language school costs for two months of intensive German language study
- Tuition costs for four months of study
- Housing costs for the host family, apartment, or dormitory during the pre-internship phases
Application Deadline: To be a part of the program, applicants have to submit their application until December 1, 2019.