The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has launched the School Superhero Comic Contest. This competition is open to all young people up to 25 years old, from all countries. Submit your school-saving superhero for the chance to publish your own global comic book.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- All young people up to 25 years old, from all countries, are eligible.
- Proof of age may be required to demonstrate eligibility.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must discuss your interest in taking part with your parents or guardians before applying.
- In the application, you will be asked to provide a contact detail of your parents/guardians.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://www.unicef.org/end-violence/school-superhero-comic-contest/enter
- Make sure your submission includes your superhero name, their superpower to make schools safe, one of their school-saving adventures (a simple storyline of maximum 1600 characters) and attach a doodle/drawing/sketch of what they look like via our online form.
- Only one application per participant is allowed.
- Your submission must include an attached graphic for us to consider it- but don’t worry, we love stick figures.
- Your submission must be your own and you must own the copyright of the graphic representation, storyline, and
- The only superhero submitted during the call dates will be considered by our selection panel.
- Only applicants below the age of 18, whose parents/guardians have given consent, will be considered as potential finalists.
- The global winner will work with an artist and vendor to bring his/her superhero/heroine and their story to life.
- The comic will be launched between 8-19 July 2019 online and at the United Nations High-Level Political Forum where Education and Peace goals are under review. The winner will be asked to participate in the global launch activations which may require travel.
- The winning comic, along with finalists’ submissions may be showcased on UNICEF’s social media channels, as well as at major global events like ComicCon, the United Nations High-Level Political Forum, and the United Nations General Assembly at UNICEF’s own discretion.
- Names of individuals may or may not be included with the featured superhero/heroines when published on the UNICEF websites, social media or in any other medium, digital and printed, at UNICEF’s discretion.
Enter our submission call through our online application from October 5 – November 4, 2018, 23:59 EST.
For any questions, contact email@example.com