The University of North Georgia is conferring the UNG Military Scholarships for the high-potential high school seniors across the US. The program is open for candidates who attend UNG, serve in the Georgia Army National Guard while in the Corps, and commission as second lieutenants in the Georgia Army National Guard after graduating with a bachelor’s degree.
Established on January 8, 2013, The University of North Georgia is a public university and institution in the University System of Georgia. It is the sixth-largest public university in the state of Georgia.
Who May Eligible
- Applicants must be legal residents of Georgia.
- Receive a nomination from a Georgia Legislator from your congressional district.
- Candidates have to meet the academic requirements and gain acceptance as a regular freshman Cadet at UNG.
- Meet Army National Guard enlistment standards.
- Agree to serve as an enlisted member in the Georgia Army National Guard while participating as a Cadet at UNG.
- If awarded a scholarship, you must commission upon graduation from UNG and serve four years as an officer in the Georgia Army National Guard.
- A student must be enrolled at UNG in a Matriculated status leading to an Undergraduate Degree.
How to Apply
Aspirants have to take admission to the UNG. After being enrolled, you can apply for the Military Scholarship by completing the UNG Military Scholarship online application with the required documents such as:
- Georgia Legislator Nomination
- Letter of Recommendation from a High School Official
- Full-Length Photograph
- High School Transcript with cumulative GPA listed
- Photocopy of valid Georgia Driver’s License, state-issued ID card, or both sides of Permanent Resident card
- The scholarship will provide worth more than $85,000 which includes the cost of room, meals, tuition, books, uniforms, and fees. In addition, awardees receive National Guard weekend drill pay, GI Bill, pay for attending Army basic and advanced training, and Army ROTC contract pay.
- Recipients may also be eligible for an enlistment bonus or extra GI Bill money for enlisting into critical military jobs and units.
Application deadlines: Applications for the UNGMS are due by Dec. 15.