The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is delighted to announce its Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest. The contest is open to everyone who aged between 14 and 25 years old, regardless of his or her country of residence.
The candidates are required to submit 1 to 10 photographs that accurately reflect the theme, “Reveal the Silk Roads”, through representations of culture, monuments, landscape, and people.
The core mission of UNESCO is to promote peace by encouraging mutual understanding, intellectual solidarity and cooperation through education, science, culture, and communications.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Everyone between 14 and 25 years old, regardless of his or her country of residence, except employees of UNESCO and the donor, China World Peace Foundation, and their family members (parents, children, siblings and spouses).
- There will be two categories:
- 14 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
- If you are under the age of 18, you will need a parent or guardian’s permission to enter the competition.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
In order to participate, the applicants should first create an account by completing the mandatory fields with the requested information through the given link: https://unescosilkroadphotocontest.org/en/participate
Themes: The photographs must accurately reflect the theme, “Reveal the Silk Roads”, through representations of culture, monuments, landscape, and people.
You can upload a minimum of one image and a maximum of 20 images. You must enter at least one image for one of the four themes.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-resolution image, suitable for printing in media or exhibition display if selected.
- All submitted information should be in English.
- Images can only be submitted online by uploading a digital file.
- Once your images have been uploaded they cannot be changed.
- Only minor modifications to the photographs will be accepted (e.g. dodging and burning, aperture, cropping, color balance) and must be clearly indicated in the image’s description.
- Each photograph must not contain any personal information that identifies the photographer.
- Each participant in the photography contest certifies that he or she is the sole copyright holder of all submitted photographs and they are original to him/her.
- The participant has full power to authorize the use of the photographs.
- Each participant in the photography contest certifies that all submitted photographs do not violate or infringe on any existing copyright or any other third party rights and contain nothing otherwise unlawful.
- All uploaded digital images should be at least 1.500 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1.500 pixels tall (if a vertical image), and must be in JPEG or JPG format.
- 1st Award: A professional digital single-lens reflex camera equipped with 18-55mm lens
- 2nd Award: Semi-professional digital camera
- 3rd Award: Digital camera
The application deadline is August 24, 2021
If you have any other questions about the competition, email: SilkRoadsPhotoContest@unesco.org