BP Educational Service is now accepting applications for the Ultimate STEM Challenge. This year, the BP Ultimate STEM Challenge is asking UK students aged 11 to 14 to put their science, technology, engineering, and math skills to the test and reimagine a solution to a real-life problem.
£1,000 worth of prizes to be won for the entrants’ school, for science equipment or field trips. Finalists will be invited to a celebratory event at the Science Museum in London and will receive Science Museum goodies. Semi-finalists and finalists will receive a Bronze CREST Award.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This Competition is open to teams consisting of 2, 3 or 4 individuals (“Entrants”).
- Each individual in a team must:
- be resident in the UK at all times during the Competition and the time of fulfillment of the prize;
- be aged between 11 and 14 years old at all times between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019;
- not have a parent or carer who is an employee, agent, affiliate, officer or director of BP plc, EdComs Ltd, STEM Learning, the Science Museum or of any advertiser, promotion agency, fulfillment agency or agent of BP plc, or of anyone else professionally connected with the Competition
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate in this competition applicants need to do register and complete the information through the given link:
- Teachers must register on the BP Educational Service Website, www.bp.com/bpes, in order to enter their students into the competition.
- You may submit entries for multiple teams by completing and submitting the entry form one or more times.
- Entrants may only enter the Competition once, as part of one single team.
- BP plc may require you to provide proof that you are eligible and the authorized account holder of the e-mail addresses used to enter the Competition.
- All entries must be submitted by a teacher or homeschool educator in the name of a team consisting of 2, 3 or 4 individuals who are each eligible to enter under these General Rules and the prize can only be awarded to the team and individuals whose details are submitted on the relevant entry form.
- You can enter online by completing the registration process outlined on the Ultimate STEM Challenge Competition Website.
- however, BP plc will be under no obligation to send a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of any entry.
- All entries will become the property of BP plc on its receipt of them and will not be returned. Entrants hereby assign to BP plc all worldwide copyright and like intellectual property rights in their entries and waive all moral rights.
- £1,000 worth of prizes to be won for the entrants’ school, for science equipment or field trips.
- Finalists will be invited to a celebratory event at the Science Museum in London and will receive Science Museum goodies.
- Semi-finalists and finalists will receive a Bronze CREST Award.
Entries to the Competition can be submitted at any time from September 1st, 2018 until 23:59 GMT on Friday 15 February 2019.