The Seventh Edition of UIA-HYP Cup International Student Competition in Architectural Design is open for students in Mainland China that receives the international support of Union International des Architects (UIA).
The competition is hosted by the School of Architecture, Tianjin University and Urban Environment Design (UED) Magazine and the School of Architecture, Southeast University and sponsored by the Shanghai HYP-ARCH Architectural Design Consultant Co. Ltd.
the sole annual international architecture competition is a platform for global architecture students to approach the theme “Architecture in Transformation”, and for the rest of the world to check out the latest trend of Chinese architectural education.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This is a fair competition open to all architecture and relevant major students around the globe.
- Full-time on-campus architecture students from accredited institutions (including master and Ph.D. candidates and graduate students of 2018) can participate alone or as a team with team members of no more than four people and advisors of no more than two.
- Only the team leader will be contacted when necessary if students participate as a team.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: http://hypcup.uedmagazine.net/?r=info/infoup&en=1
- Theme: Architecture in Transformation
- Topic: Urban Co-living: Customizing Modules for Community
- Individual participants and groups must agree with and follow the competition requirements and regulations.
- Any participant that contacts jurors about the competition during the entirety of the competition process will be disqualified from the competition.
- All entries are accepted (while including author’s name) with the explicit free right of publication, reproduction, and promotional use by competition organizers and sponsors without the need for further approvals.
- Entries that have been submitted to other competitions, published on other public occasions or found to be similar to other works in terms of design ideas will be disqualified from the competition.
- The competition requires the participants to make detailed insights and reflections on architectural history, explore complicated coordinated demands of architecture and environment, pay attention to events in specific sites, and configure viable urban and architectural spaces.
- Design task: The task is to identify a central urban site in one of China’s 1st or 2nd tier cities and propose a co-living cluster with about 1000 small units. The units can be minimal, i.e. about 12 sqm for singles and about 16 sqm for couples. These units should be designed as prefabricated modules.
- Submission Requirements:
- Submit the digital version of drawings and related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, include “competition+ serial number” in the e-mail subject line.
- If the entry is too large to attach, upload to File Sharing Software such as “Wetransfer” or “Google drive” and provide the download link in the submission email. Entries will be printed and laid out by the committee.
- Language: English
- Scale and dimensions must be in metric units.
- Documents: Recognizable scanned copy of passport and student card should be attached to the e-mail. Students themselves are responsible for the authenticity of the documents.
- Drawing Layout Requirements:
- Submit the drawing layout (300 dpi, long side is more than 1500 pixels) in the version of jpg. and name the picture according to the content (such as XXX plan 1)
- Submit the text information in the folder named by the participant(s)’ name
- Entry Requirements:
- Specification: The layout of the 841mm x 594mm drawing should be horizontal. Each work should be composed of 3 drawings
- Content: Site-plan that can fully express the design intention; plans, elevations, and sections; perspective drawing, illustration and a design description of about 500 words (to be integrated into the pictures and drawings). There is no limitation on proportion.
- A TXT document must be attached in the e-mails of the submission, which include participants’ name, registration number, e-mail address, mobile phone number, name and contact information of the advisor (if any), the full name of the school and department, title and brief introduction of the submitted work.
- 1st Prize (1 team): Certificate and 100,000 RMB (before tax)
- 2nd Prize (3 teams): Certificate and 30,000 RMB (before tax)
- 3rd Prize (8 teams): Certificate and 10,000 RMB (before tax)
- Honorable Mentions (several teams)
- Certificate and 6-month free subscription of UED magazine
- Advisors of prize-winning projects will also be awarded certificates
- Prize winners will have an opportunity to intern at prestigious architectural firms through the “Learning Design with Master Architects” program.
- Registration Deadline: 24:00(GMT+8) August 30th, 2018
- Submission Deadline: 24:00(GMT+8) September 20th, 2018
If you have any questions regarding the competition process, send an email to email@example.com