Are you an active amateur skater with excellence in academic as well as athletic pursuits? If yes, then here is the fantastic Bruch Family Academic Scholarship for you. U.S. Figure Skating is inviting athletes above 16 years who are enrolled in full-time undergraduate or graduate student or studying in a senior year of high school.
The U.S. Figure Skating will distribute more than $750,000 in the upcoming year to the athletes to make their future bright and help them succeed in their careers. The firm understands the struggles of students dealing with academics and their passion. The programs are initiated to reduce the financial burden of the candidates and aim to turn their dreams into reality.
U.S. Skating is the national governing body for the sport of figure skating in the United States. It was founded in the year 1921, has more than 750 members, a school affiliated, and collegiate clubs. They serve the students or skaters with different scholarship grants to help them do better in their careers.
Who May Be Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the Bruch Family Academic Scholarship is as follows
- The student should be 16 years or older
- The candidates should be an active amateur singles, pairs or ice dance skaters and current member of U.S. Figure Skating
- The candidate should be in financial need
- The candidate should be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate student or in his/ her senior year of high school intending to attend a higher learning institution within the six months of graduation
- The applicant should be enrolled in a fully accredited secondary school, attend classes and carry the minimum number of credit hours necessary to be a graduate or full-time undergraduate student
- The student should maintain at least a 3.4 GPA or 93% during the last two academic years.
- The candidate completed in a U.S. Figure Skating qualifying competition at the junior, novice or senior level during the past two competitive seasons
- Coaches or professionals or member of only a synchronized skating team are not eligible
How To Apply
The qualified candidates can apply for the program through an online application form with the necessary credentials should be submitted by logging in. All the details or the supporting documents should be submitted accordingly. Incomplete applications or documents will not be accepted.
- Documents verifying the academics excellence of the candidate should be submitted.
- All the necessary credentials like email, password, and essential details of the candidate should be provided.
U.S. Figure Skating distributes more than $750,000 in the upcoming year to the deserving candidates doing better in their academics as well as athlete careers. This amount should be utilized to pay the educational expenses of the candidates like tuition fees, skating materials, or more.
The scholarships by the U.S. Figure Skating are open till August 31, 2020