Ty Cobb Educational Foundation every year grants a considerable number of scholarships and awards to students from different educational backgrounds. Through these scholarships, the foundation aims at helping the candidates with pursuing advanced education without wasting time on arranging finances. It helps them in concentrating on their studies and achieving their instructive objectives to the maximum. The purpose of the following scholarship is also to support candidates in paying off their educational expenses by providing them with sufficient funds to deal with them. The last date to apply for the scholarship is March 1, 2022.
As for eligibility, college understudies who are inhabitants of Georgia, are U.S. residents and have shown the monetary need, and have finished somewhere around 30 semester or 45 quarter long periods of academic credits with a normal of B or higher in an authorized school or college are qualified to apply for Ty Cobb grants (should be a secondary school graduate). The school or college should be certified by a provincial crediting body perceived by the Council for Higher Education. Proficient understudies seeking after their MD/DO or DMD/DDS degrees who are inhabitants of the State of Georgia, are U.S. residents, and have exhibited monetary need are qualified to apply for Ty Cobb grants.
Foundation was set up by the late Tyrus R. Cobb to help skilled and meriting occupants of Georgia who need monetary help with finishing their advanced degrees. Establishment grants are conceded to qualified understudies to go to a licensed school or college full time. The school or college should be licensed by a regional crediting body perceived by the Council for Higher Education.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Ty Cobb Educational Foundation|
|Education Level||Undergradaute students|
|Number of Awards||1|
|Contest Deadline||March 1|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship are as follows:
- Undergraduate students who are residents of Georgia,
- are U.S. citizens and have demonstrated financial need, and
- Have completed at least 30 semesters or 45 quarter hours of academic credits with an average of “B” or higher in an accredited college or university are eligible to apply for Ty Cobb scholarships (must be a high school graduate).
- The college or university must be accredited by a regional crediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education.
- Students with higher academic averages and the most significant financial need will be given priority.
- Professional students pursuing their MD/DO or DMD/DDS degrees who are residents of the State of Georgia, are U.S. citizens and have demonstrated financial need are eligible to apply for Ty Cobb scholarships.
How to Apply?
All eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship by completing and submitting the scholarship application for the following grant available in both online and printable form on the portal itself. The scholarship application must be attached with all the documents mentioned below.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member, academic dean, or advisor.
- Official transcripts of all college studies, including fall semester or quarter grades.
- Most recent tax return of you or your parents (whoever claims you on their tax return).
- Completed FAFSA filed with your financial aid office.
The Ty Cobb scholarship aims at helping students in dealing with their financial issues. The scholarship helps the selected final beneficiaries by providing them the funds they require to offset the costs of education they need and deserve.
The applications for this grant must be submitted no later than March 1 every year. The deadline stays the same. Candidates are requested to postmark their applications before the deadline.