- May 15, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) is pleased to announce the TWAS-SRMGI DECIMALS Funds Research Grant. The decimals fund has been set up to provide grants to small research teams in developing countries, allowing them to analyze the impacts that SRM might have in their regions.
The programme provides support for research projects in the following fields of science: solar radiation management, climate change, agriculture, natural disasters, climate impact analysis.
Who May Eligible:
To be eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Principal investigators for the DECIMALS grant should have a Ph.D. and significant research experience
- The applicants must be nationals of one of the developing countries of this list.
- Researchers should operate in a university or research institution in one of the eligible countries and should contact TWAS if they expect to be away from their institution during the period of the grant for longer than three months.
- SRMGI will look favorably on applications from countries that do not already have SRM research projects.
- There are no age limits for DECIMALS grant applicants.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: http://www.srmgi.org/decimals-fund/apply-now/
- Subject Areas: The programme provides support for research projects in the following fields of science: solar radiation management, climate change, agriculture, natural disasters, and climate impact analysis.
- Funding is only available for modeling or analysis of physical climate change or any climate impact, e.g. agriculture, ecosystems, water resources. Social science research is not supported at this stage.
- A research grant will amount to a maximum of US$70,000.
- Up to $60,000 will go towards supporting research scientist salaries, and up to US$10,000 will be used to support additional activities and purchase equipment related to the grant;
- The 2018 DECIMALS grants will be provided in August or September 2018, with projects to be completed by the end of 2020.
The application deadline is May 29, 2018.
For scientific queries contact: email@example.com