Tufts is a leader in American higher education, distinctive for its success as a moderately sized university that excels at research and providing students with a personal experience. Its unique combination of research and liberal arts attracts students, faculty, and staff who thrive in our environment of curiosity, creativity, and engagement.
At Tufts, students may choose from nearly 150 majors and minors at the School of Arts and Sciences and School of Engineering, including 30 interdisciplinary programs and the unique offerings of the Experimental College. It is organized into ten schools, including two undergraduate degree programs and eight graduate divisions.
With 16.1% Tufts University acceptance rate, admission to Tufts is incredibly tough. For the class of 2020, Tufts accepted 2,889 or 14.3% of 20,223 applicants. Tufts encourages faculty to collaborate with undergraduate students in a wide range of innovative research spanning every field and discipline.
What GPA do you need to get into the Tufts?
- The average GPA at Tufts is 4.05.
- This makes Tufts Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 4.05, Tufts requires you to be at the top of your class.
Is Tufts an Ivy League school?
- Tufts are one of the nations top research universities, earning the highest classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the universitys output of research activity.
- With a student-faculty ratio of 9:1 and an average class size of 20, Tufts provides its undergraduates the resources of a major research university and the attention of a liberal arts college.
- Tufts are organized into ten schools. Each school has its own faculty and is led by a dean appointed by the president and the provost with the consent of the Board of Trustees.
Tufts SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Heres the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for the Tufts?
- The average ACT score at Tufts is 32.
- This score makes Tufts Strongly Competitive for ACT scores.
Is the Tufts a prestigious school?
- Tufts University is an independent, privately supported, nonsectarian institution of higher education.
- Tufts believe that a broader understanding of the global world is necessary for student success.
- Tufts are a student-centered research university dedicated to the creation and application of knowledge.
- The core of Tufts is captured in our mission and vision statements, which exemplify the spirit of what Tufts is, as well as the values and priorities that will guide us over the coming years.
What is Tufts best known for?
- The university emphasizes active citizenship and public service in all of its disciplines and is known for its internationalism and study abroad programs.
- Tufts enjoy a global reputation for academic excellence and for the preparation of students as leaders in a wide range of professions.
- A growing number of innovative research initiatives and joint degree programs are available for both undergraduate and graduate students in liberal arts, sciences, and engineering, as well as the Universitys seven graduate and professional schools.
How much does it cost to go to the Tufts?
Comprehensive Fees & Estimated Costs: 2018-19
|Mandatory Health Services Fee||$842||$842|
|Health Insurance (Waived upon proof of approved alternate insurance)||$2,750||$2,750|
|Total (w/o University Health Insurance)||$73,500||$65,100|
What are the majors the Tufts known for?
- The most popular majors at Tufts University include Social Sciences, Engineering, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies, and Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services.
- Tufts has extensive and highly regarded liberal arts, sciences and engineering programs that draw outstanding students from around the world with the highest academic achievement and standing.
- More than 98 percent of enrolling students expect to pursue graduate or professional study after completion of a bachelors degree.
- Approximately 50 percent of all undergraduates attending Tufts pursue coursework outside the United States to add a strong international dimension to their field of study and expand their global knowledge.
How much is tuition at the Tufts?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of Tufts University are $54,318 for their students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $50,766.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, undergraduate tuition & fees at Tufts University is $54,318.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Tufts University is $56,274.
- This cost is estimated based on the cost change rate of last year.
Is the Tufts a public or private school?
- Tufts University is a private research university incorporated in the municipality of Medford, Massachusetts, United States.
- The university is organized into ten schools, including two undergraduate degree programs and eight graduate divisions.
- The university offers joint undergraduate degree programs with the New England Conservatory, and the Sciences Po Paris with additional programs with the University of Paris, University of Oxford and constituents of the University of London.
- They are committed to providing transformative experiences for students and faculty in an inclusive and collaborative environment where creative scholars generate bold ideas, innovate in the face of complex challenges and distinguish themselves as active citizens of the world.
What is the SAT score required for the Tufts?
- The average SAT score composite at Tufts is 1490.