Planning for graduation but worried due to huge tuition fees and college expenses. Through the generosity of many donors, The Trinidad Civic Club continues to make a difference in young people’s lives by awarding scholarships to decrease students’ financial burden for higher education. They constantly put their efforts and try to give their best by providing scholarships to students in varying fields.
They aim at providing affordable and best higher education to students who are in need. They dream big and are willing to support young minds from Orick, Trinidad, or McKinleyville who desire big too. The club believes in a bright future for the students and is well aware of their requirements daily. Their mission is to motivate high school students towards studies and show their active participation in lessons. The Trinidad Civic Club is making it possible for having higher education without any worries.
Since 1977 The Trinidad Civic Club has been awarded the academic Carmen and James Kidder Annual Scholarship. Since 2015, the club began offering the trade school vocational scholarship as well. These two $1,000 programs are funded by community and member donors and the Dessert Cafe bake sale at the annual Trinidad Fish Festival.
Go through the table given below for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||The Trinidad Civic Club|
|Educational Level||High school students|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Status||April 9, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Kindly go through the eligibility list given below to receive the reward:
- The Applicant should be living in the ZIP Code area for Orick, Trinidad, or McKinleyville and is attending a Humboldt area high school.
- Fellows should be in the upper 20% of graduating class.
- Applicants should have applied to a college or university.
- An applicant should have played a role in community service and leadership.
How to Apply
The Applicant must not forget to provide all the materials that certify their skills and eligibility for the scholarship. These scholarships need separate applications, provided in the link to be filled as a scholarship application. Once the application is complete, bind it with a paper clip, not a staple, and mail all applicants’ information to Trinidad Civic Club, Attention: Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 295, Trinidad, CA 95570. It must be postmarked no later than Friday, April 9, 2021.
Please attach the following with your application form:
- The fellows have completed the application. It may be typed or handwritten—printed—in blue or black ink, using additional paper sheets as needed.
- The candidate must provide an official high school transcript and an official transcript from any Other post-high school program, if relevant.
- The candidate must write a brief explanation of his/her goals.
- The candidate must submit the names and contact information of two non-family adults as reference.
These scholarships will decrease the burden of the educational expenses of the students. These amounts should be used only for educational costs and not any other than paying the freight of the students’ expenses like tuition, fees, books, and other students’ requirements.
Applications are being accepted till April 9, 2021, so begin your process soon to be the one to receive this opportunity.