If you are an American student who is planning to study at a Canadian university, then you should apply for Traditional American Student Awards which is funded by the Foundation for Educational Exchange. This scholarship is open for those American students who are planning to enroll in a graduate program at a Canadian university.
The Foundation for Educational Exchange between Canada and the United States of America is a national, treaty-based, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization. The foundation is run by an independent board of directors and it is supported by the government, university partners and private donors.
Who May Eligible
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens (Permanent residence is not sufficient).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree prior to the proposed start date of the grant.
- Students must be proficient in English.
- Holders must be proficient in French should the requirements of the project and host institution require it.
- Applicants must be in compliance with all J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) guidelines.
- Be in compliance with all governmental regulations regarding visas, immigration, travel, and residency.
How to Apply
To be eligible for a scholarship, every applicant must submit an application through the given link: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/applicants/getting-started
Traditional Fulbright student awards are generally given for a full academic year (nine months). This award provides a fixed cash value of US $ 15,000.
Application Deadline: The applications for 2020-2021 academic years will accept until October 8, 2019.