What would you say to your friends to inspire them to be safe drivers? Create a video designed to stop distracted driving and you could win up to $15,000. The Toyota and Discovery Education are pleased to offer the TeenDrive365 Video Challenge sponsored by Discovery Education, Inc.
The contest is open to all thirteen (13) years of age U.S. legal residents who are enrolled as 9th through 12th-grade students. You have the power to influence safe driving behavior among teens. Make a video that inspires your peers to drive safely and you’ll be entered fora chance to win one of 15 great prizes!!
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The contest is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska and the District of Columbia (U.S.)
- Applicants must be at least thirteen (13) yearsof age and
- Students must be enrolled in 9th through 12th grade at a public, private, parochial, or home school located in the U.S., at the time of entry and when prizes are awarded
- Employees, officers, and directors of Discovery Education, Inc. its promotional partner Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS), Toyota Motor North America, Inc. (Toyota), Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (Administrator), their respective parents,subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouse, siblings, and children,regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, Contest Entities) are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must submit an online entry through the given link: http://www.teendrive365inschool.com/user/register?destination=/video-challenge/registration
- You can create your video individually or with up to three friends. Once you have registered and your parent has authorized your participation, you will be able to log in and follow the steps to submit your video.
- Video Challenge: Create an original video between 30 and 60 seconds in length, which demonstrates the best solution for distracted driving (the Entry Video).
- All Participants are required to include, as the last slide of the video, the TeenDrive365 Video Challenge call to action slide asset that may be downloaded here.
- Participant(s) must work independently on the development of their video concept and must record their Entry Video with minimal help or direction from others. Participant(s) are not required to appear in their EntryVideo.
- The Entry Video must be submitted in English.
- To upload your Entry Video, you must first create a registered user account at www.youtube.com and agree to all applicable terms at that site. There is no fee or charge to become a registered user ofYouTube
- Each video submission needs to include thisTeenDrive365 Video Challenge call to action slide asset and meet all of the requirements on the challenge checklist. Don’t forget to name your video using the format “TeenDrive365 Challenge – [YOUR TITLE]” and make sure it’s set for public viewing before hitting submit!
- The four regions include:
- •Northeast Region: CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT, NJ, NY, PA
- •Midwest Region: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD
- •South Region: DE, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV, AL, KY, MS, TN, AR, LA, OK, TX
- •West Region: AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, UT, WY, AK, CA, HI, OR, WA
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes as below:
- 1st Place: $15,000 and the chance to work with a Discovery film crew to make your video TV-ready!
- 2nd Place: $10,000
- 3rd Place: $7,500
- One (1) People’s Choice Prize: $5,000 cash awarded as a check made payable to the winner.
- Seven (7) Finalist Consolation Prizes: $2,500cash awarded as a check made payable to the winner.
- Four (4) Regional Prizes (one  per Region): $1,000 cash awarded as a check made payable to the winner
The submission begins at 5:00 PM Eastern Time on September 25, 2018, and ends at 8:00 PM ET on February 28, 2019. All winners will be announced before June 30, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the competition process, send an email to TeenDrive365@discovery.com