- June 8, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Internships
Town of Danvers Civil Engineering Department is pleased to announce its Civil Engineering Internship. To be eligible, the applicants must have knowledge of principles of engineering, surveying, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, economics, statistics, and accounting a plus. Civil and/or environmental engineering education preferred.
Provided By: Danvers is a town in Essex County, Massachusetts, United States, located on the Danvers River near the northeastern coast of Massachusetts.
- Internship Type: Full time
- Duration/Hours: N/A
- Subject Area: Civil Engineering
- Deadline: June 15, 2018
Eligibility & Qualification Criteria:
- Civil and/or Environmental Engineering education preferred.
- Knowledge of principles of engineering, surveying, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, economics, statistics, and accounting a plus.
- Perform other engineering/technical duties as required.
- Applies professional skills and knowledge to work with the Civil Engineering Division personnel and consultants to evaluate, coordinate and manage all Capital Improvement & Subdivision Projects.
- Maintain databases, perform survey & layout assignments, and provide support for Town DPW Supervisors as requested for small municipal projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily resident engineering and inspectional services on Capital Improvement Projects. Coordinate construction activities with appropriate local businesses, State & Federal agencies, and private utility companies.
- Assist the Civil Engineers in the technical review and analysis of proposed multi-lot Subdivisions and Site Plan Approvals. Ensure Developers comply with the Danvers Subdivision Bylaws and Regulations.
- Maintain the stormwater permit inspection database under the Town’s Stormwater Protection Bylaw. Assist with Sump Pump inspection & removal program.
- Assist with street line determination for all Department of Public Works Divisions regarding property lines, fences, easements and trees abutting Town ROWs and Town Property.
- Perform periodic updates to the current roadway signage inventory on ArcGIS
To apply, the applicant must submit their complete application with cover letter and resume either mail or email as the following:
- Mail to: Human Resources, Town Hall 1 Sylvan, Danvers, MA 01923;
- Email to email@example.com.