Study Abroad Scholarships applications are currently open to apply. The program is offered by Tortuga for the U.S citizens or legal residents who are full-time undergraduate students at a college or university within the U.S.
The award is introduced with an aim to give some financial assistance to a deserving and brilliant student. The scholar can use the amount to cover the tuition, book or travel expenses to accomplish his/her goals.
Tortuga was founded in 2010 by two best friends Fred Perrotta and Jeremy Cohen. Its small team works remotely and lives across the world. Its motive is to assist travellers in avoiding the cost and hassle of checking luggage with carry-on-sized travel backpacks.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible?
Candidates should go through the given eligibility points that need to be fulfilled to apply for the scholarship:
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or currently studying in the U.S. on a student visa
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing at a four-year, degree-granting college or university in the U.S.
- Must have applied to or been accepted into a study abroad program eligible for credit by your college or university
How to Apply
Candidates who find this scholarship helpful can fill out their details through an online application form with the asked information.
- Must submit some necessary details through the online application.
- Must submit an approximately 500-word essay or a link to one written elsewhere, such as on a blog.
The winner of the Tortuga scholarship will get an assistance of $1,000 to cover his/her tuition, books, travel or room and also a travel backpack.
All applicants are free to apply for the fall 2020 scholarship program till November 15, 2021.