In the memory of the Tinney family, The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Newport County is granting The Tinney Family Arts Scholarship for Newport’s students. The members of the Tinney family, after whom the scholarship is named, portrayed several artistic qualities. They were excellent in music, oil painting, woodworking, refinishing antiques and other artistic attributes. They are also best known for building a gold coronation coach. In their honour, Newport’s arts and cultural alliance are offering a scholarship for the students that exhibit artistic talent and are ambitious to strive for excellence.
The purpose of offering this scholarship is to promote art and help students who possess artistic qualities in achieving their dreams. This is an excellent opportunity to gain financial support and to promote their art. Students who excel in fine arts, performing arts, literary arts, music and theatre shouldn’t let go of this opportunity.
The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Newport aims to promote art and culture for the development of artists and the community’s benefit. They support artists by providing opportunities to grow and promote their work. The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Newport helps students with artistic qualities by awarding various scholarships that provide financial help and support them to recognize their art.
Candidates must check the table below for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||The Arts and Cultural Alliance of Newport County|
|Educational Level||High school|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||May 2021|
|Requirement||Application, letters of recommendation, transcript, essay|
Who May Be Eligible
Here are some mandatory eligibility requirements for the scholarship are mentioned below:
- Art students in high school or homeschooled who live in Newport County (Jamestown, Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, Little Compton) are eligible.
- Applicants must excel in an area or areas of the arts including fine arts, visual arts, (illustration, graphic design, multimedia), performing arts, the literary arts (creative writing, poetry), music (performance, composing), theatre. Other “sub-genres” may also be considered.
- The applicant must have been accepted to a post-secondary arts program in one of the areas of the arts.
How to Apply
Applications and materials can be submitted online as well as offline. Students presenting their application online should be submitted electronically on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants can mail their application to Arts & Cultural Alliance of Newport County:
PO Box 4334,
Middletown, RI 02842
Fellows must submit complete applications with all the mandatory documents. Late applications will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must submit a portfolio of their work in any format (electronic, digital or photographic).
- Candidates must submit two letters of recommendations from a current teacher, professor, coach, mentor, or director. Any letters from any family members or friends will not be accepted by the scholarship committee.
- Individuals have to submit a one-page cover letter with the application. The letter should describe their artist’s statement, vision, involvement in the Arts, plans, and community outreach.
- A resume including an academic transcript should be attached with the scholarship application.
- The Tinney Family Arts Scholarship winner should be prepared to present their work at the annual meeting of the Arts & Cultural Alliance of Newport County that is held in May or June.
Tinney Family Arts Scholarship will be awarded to the most eligible student. The student will also receive the scholarship fund of $2,000. These scholarships encourage students to achieve success by focusing on their careers. Students can use the scholarship fund to pay for their educational needs like tuition, fees, and other mandatory requirements.
Applications are currently open. Application deadline for the scholarship is May 2021. All the documents and complete application must be submitted before May.