If you’re going to be a growing junior or senior, then entry into the Y.E.S. program and win a chance to cover all study expenses provided by the NRA Foundation.
Youth Education Summit (Y.E.S.) program is open for high school sophomores and juniors or seniors who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
The National Rifle Association of America (NRA) Foundation was established in 1990. It is a tax-exempt organization in the United States.
Since Y.E.S. launched in 1996, has an aim to develop the next generation of leaders and encourage them to be active citizens in their local communities and beyond.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 24, 2020
Who May Eligible
- Eligible Countries: Submissions are open only all over the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award will provide for high school or sophomore year study in any subject areas
- Admissible Criteria: The prerequisites for interested applicants are the following:
- Students must be a present sophomore or junior in high school. This means that student will be attending Y.E.S. the summer before your junior or senior year.
- Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Alaska, Oregon, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia have a state Y.E.S. program, which applicants must attend before National Y.E.S.
- Most applicants have strong interests in shooting sports, American history, government, and/or the military. Y.E.S. students come from all over the United States.
How to Apply
To participate in this program, applications for Y.E.S. 2020 are now open. Applicants are required to print out and submit the application form to National Rifle Association, Y.E.S. Program, 11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030. The application also can be sent by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The program will hold July 13-19, 2020.
- Applicants must submit a completed application consists of a Second Amendment three-page essay, personal statement, high school transcript and three recommendations.
- Applicants who are living in Texas or Virginia must take part in a state-level summit, before joining national Y.E.S. in Washington, D.C.
- All students must have appropriate English language skills in writing, reading, and speaking
- The NRA Foundation Inc. offers 40- 50 awards each year.
- Total $50,000 fund is available for the Y.E.S. Program.
- The program provides fund for high school students to cover all study expense.
- The NRA Foundation will cover all costs for meals, hotel, supplies, etc.