The School Enterprise Challenge is a global business start-up Awards Programme run by the educational charity Teach A Man To Fish. The competition is open to all students, teachers, and schools including pre-primary schools, primary schools, secondary schools and technical/vocational colleges.
The School Enterprise Challenge Awards Programme offers a wide range of learning and award opportunities for both students and teachers. Students also have the opportunity to learn key 21st-century skills that will help them in school, business and in life!
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open for Schools, Teachers & Students.
- All schools, including pre-primary schools, primary schools, secondary schools and technical/vocational colleges.
- Universities are not eligible to take part in the School Enterprise Challenge.
- Many pre-primary schools and primary schools all around the world have successfully taken part in the School Enterprise Challenge, planning and setting up their very own school businesses. Note that the younger your students are, the more guidance and support they will need from their teachers.
- The Awards Programme is free, global, and open to all ages.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form through the given link: https://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org/join/registration-form-2018/
- Registration for the School Enterprise Challenge is open all-year-round so schools can register at any point! The programme is divided into 3 steps, as follows:
- Step 1: Coming up with a Business Idea. This step usually takes between 1 and 4 weeks.
- Step 2: Writing a Business Plan. This step usually takes up to 6 weeks.
- Step 3: Launching and running the business. Students are required to run the school business for at least 3 months before reporting back to us in their Annual Report
- Once you have launched your school business, they recommend you run it on an ongoing basis, allowing students to continuously develop their skills.
- As registration is open all-year-round, schools can submit any step (Business Idea, Business Plan or Annual Report)
- The School Enterprise Challenge runs all year round. It is divided into three Awards levels of increasing intensity: Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
- The programme is free to participate and guides teachers and students to plan, set up and run a school business.
- There is $50,000 USD worth of prizes available for the most enterprising schools including cameras, laptops and fully-funded conference places available for students, teachers and head teachers that go the extra mile to make their school business a success.
- All schools which meet the Achievement Criteria will receive a Level Certificate (Bronze, Silver or Gold)! Plus, in 2018 they have $50,000 in cash prizes, laptops, cameras and international forum places for the most entrepreneurial schools, students, and teachers!
- Win a place at our regional conference and up to $5,000 for your school
- Win the Inspirational Teacher Prize of $1,000
- You can view the full list of prizes here.
The deadlines for the contest are 15 August 2018 and 28 November 2018.