If you are a high-achieving student with the ambition to change your future, you can apply for the Reedsy National Creative Writing Scholarship. The program is designed to award a student whose writing displays a clear and unique voice with the potential to thrive in the competitive literary landscape.
Founded in 2014, Reedsy is proud to have built a network of world-class publishing professionals and helped produce over 10,000 books. The Reedsy team itself hails from over ten different countries and speaks as many languages.
Who May Eligible
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be:
- Candidates must be a United States, Canada or Australia Citizens or Permanent Residents; and
- Accepted to, or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program within the United States, Canada or Australia.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted via the form on this page and should include:
Your application must include the first chapter (1,500 to 7,500 words) of an original novel you are currently writing, or have written but not yet published.
- All applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com and include:
- Your name, address, and contact number;
- The name of the college or university you are attending or planning to attend;
- Your sample chapter attached to the email in .doc or .docx format with a written introduction. Google Doc links and PDFs will not be accepted.
Awarded twice a year, successful candidates will receive $ 1,000 for educational expenses and will be eligible for further sponsorship from Readsy while developing as an author.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2022 is the deadline for the fall semester scholarship.