Entries are now being accepted for The Reach Cambridge scholarship essay competition 2018 funded by Reach Cambridge. The competition is designed for academically excellent high school students aged between 15 and 17 who would otherwise not be able to attend our summer programs.
The essay question for this year’s scholarship competition is: “If you had a billion dollars to invest in your country, what would you invest in and why?”. The prizes provide, without charge, all those items ordinarily covered by the program fee, including accommodation, all excursions, lectures, theatre trips, workshops and tuition, and half board meals.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 17 on 1st December 2018.
- Currently studying at high school.
How to Apply & Competition Rules
To win the competition you need to do register and complete the information through the given link:
- To craft a good essay requires careful argumentation, clear structure, and
- It is these characteristics that they will look for in judging applicants’ essays.
- They will also take into account the letter of recommendation supplied by your school and the short video personal statement.
- The students must complete the essays independently – they must be original, non-plagiarized work.
- A full application is one that includes an answer to the essay question and all other questions on the “Scholarship” tab, the letter of recommendation from your school, link to the video personal statement and also have all other sections completed on the account page.
- Applicants from fee-paying schools will only be considered if their letter of recommendation confirms that they attend the school on a scholarship.
- The student must have permission from a parent or guardian to accept the scholarship. Scholarship prizes are conditional on parental approval – a parent/guardian will be required to sign a declaration that they accept the Reach Cambridge terms and conditions and rules and regulations.
- In order to enter the competition, follow these simple steps to complete a full application by the 1st of December 2018:
- Follow the link below to set up a Reach Cambridge scholarship account (do not use the “apply” button at the top right of our website – you cannot set up a scholarship account through that link)
- From your main account page, select the “Scholarship” tab on the left.
- Copy your essay into the box provided (the word limit is 1000 words).
- Your school must also write a signed letter of recommendation to be uploaded to your account.
- This should be written on headed paper and should outline why you are a good candidate for the scholarship: it should tell us what makes you academically excellent, and it must give us some indication of your financial circumstances. For example, if you attend a fee-paying school, the letter must specify whether you attend the school on a scholarship, or whether you are full or part fee-paying.
- It must include contact details for the member of staff so that they can contact them for further information if necessary. This is the only part of the application that should come from your school – the rest needs to be completed by you.
- A short (up to 3 minutes long) video should be submitted in the form of a YouTube link as your personal statement. It is a chance for you to tell us a bit about yourself, why you think you are the best scholarship candidate and how a scholarship for a Reach Cambridge program will affect your life.
- You must also complete all sections in your personal dashboard (e.g. School Info, Parent Info etc). Note that if you do not complete all these sections of your application, they will not consider your application.
- They should all be “ticked” on your account page before the deadline.
- Full scholarship: A fully-funded scholarship prize for one of our spring or Summer Programs in 2019.
- Partial scholarship: A partially funded scholarship prize for one of our spring or Summer Programs in 2019.
- The prizes provide, without charge, all those items ordinarily covered by the program fee, including accommodation, all excursions, lectures, theatre trips, workshops and tuition, and half board meals.
The closing date for scholarship applications is December 1, 2018, at 23:00 GMT.
If you have any additional questions, email email@example.com.